Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 10 plus software update not working with galaxy theme

(Topic created on: 11-04-2020 07:19 AM)
Jason24
Explorer
Options

I like the galaxy theme keyboards and after the software update I got on April 1st, the theme background applies but not the keyboard. Does this happen to any one else? 

35 REPLIES 35
sjeanlynk
Journeyman
Options
I'm assuming this is the reason for the bland keyboards. I also read somewhere - I will find it and post it - they are working on an update for the keyboard themes. I sure hope so.
0 Likes
Note10Myers
First Poster
Options

Today I realized I was having the same issue when my phone updated. in order to apply a theme to your keyboard you have to turn dark mode off.

0 Likes
Note10Myers
First Poster
Options
Awesome make sure you are using Samsung keyboard rather than a Secondary keyboard or 3rd party.
0 Likes
sjeanlynk
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately, this did not resolve said issue for me. Maybe they'll come out with a resolution for the Galaxy S10 soon enough. 

0 Likes
Theresa10
Apprentice
Options

Turn dark mode off from what exactly? I reset keyboard settings to default and that didn't work either

0 Likes
MicaT
Apprentice
Options

@Note10Myers wrote:

Today I realized I was having the same issue when my phone updated. in order to apply a theme to your keyboard you have to turn dark mode off.

Actually if you look at the first few posts turning dark mode off or on didn't fix the keyboard theme issue. It still doesn't accept some third party keyboard themes, like the ones with borders or multiple colours on one key, etc. even if the wallpaper and AOD themes work fine.

Note10Myers
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20200610-171718_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Theresa10
Apprentice
Options

I've tried that and it didn't work. Though, I am referring to the effects like borders around the keys and stuff. That's my favourite part of a theme change. 

sjeanlynk
Journeyman
Options

I am referring to the same effects. They were my favorite part as well. 

Crazy1990psycho
First Poster
Options

Me too 😤😓 

After update, the keyboard adaptive theme is lost & I stuck with ugly ones😑 

Hope they fix this problem, or allow us to got back to our lovely keyboard that supports the adaptive keyboard theme ...Screenshot_20200701-184538_Galaxy Themes.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-191101_Finder.jpg