Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 Plus Snapdragon UK

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 09:50 AM)
Amarh123
Apprentice
Options

Hi I have the exynos Note 10 plus 256GB dual sim N975F simfree I am looking to sell and import the snapdragon version as it's only £740 on Ebay to get the snapdragon version, so can anyone help me out whose already done this does in the uk does the snapdragon version get regular updates? What's the connectivity like I'm on virgin mobile 4g will this still work fine is there any issues you ran into thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hi @Amarh123! We would discourage importing Snapdragon on a UK phone as this would void any warranty and repair service on the phone and the software itself would not receive any future updates. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To add you may also find that certain apps wont work such as Samsung Pay etc.

We see quite alot of posts where a person has either imported a phone or been supplied a grey imported phone by an independent company and then post that they haven't had any regular software updates including Security Patches.

Now you have some knowledge of the possible pitfalls of importing the end decision is yours @Amarh123 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @Amarh123 , i'm curious, why do you want the Snapdragon version ?

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
Amarh123
Apprentice
Options

I get what your saying but I'm loving the phone the battery is great when I'm on Wifi easily get 6 plus hours sot on  a 16 hour of the charger with wqhd on and always on display on but days I work which is Monday to Friday I'm using mobile data for 12 to 13 hours of the day on them days I barely hit 3 hours sot and that's on full hd screen res always on display of that's not acceptable if we pay full price as snapdragon variant why should we get inferior chipset I'd love for samsung to justify that charge us lower than the US since the chip is inferior  

Amarh123
Apprentice
Options
I just mentioned it to the other person who comment but basically on days when am on Wifi I push the phone wqhd on AOD on I get easy 6 plus hours sot with phone of charge for like 15 to 15 hours on days I work Monday to Friday I have no Wifi for 12 to 13 hours then days I'm on like 30 percent by 5PM I barely hit 4 hours on them days with hd display and AOD of that's not acceptable to me
0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Amarh123 

My Note 10+ is in French language,  i will show you my settings and hope you'll understand. 

My brightness  is at about 45 % all the time.

My battery is in optimized mode all the time, battery  is in adaptive  mode. Background applications automatically are disabled and i put all applications i don't  use in sleep mode...

I'd like to compare your device with the same settings if possible..

Check my settings  and check yours.

Now, i will ask you to install GSam Battery monitor  from Google  Play Store  on your device...i will  talk about it in 24 hours from now... See you tomorrow  with those settings. 

AOD Settings is enable but check my settings

ALSO, i am rarely in HD mode, it eats to much battery... and even when you got the best device in your hands if you push it to the maximum all the times, you will make it die faster... 

AOD settingsAOD settings

Applications are disabled and are in sleep modeApplications are disabled and are in sleep mode

Optimized mode all the timeOptimized mode all the time

Battery  settingsBattery settings

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
youurayy
Journeyman
Options

Not getting scammed twice by buying an Exynos.

Glad that Samsung is closing down the R&D for Exynos.

Try to sell Galaxy S11+ with 2019 Exynos in Europe while Snapdragon 865 in USA, I don't think you can get away with that.

0 Likes
Brandon231
First Poster
Options

Not true. I moved from the United States to the UK and my note 10+ has snapdragon and I still get all my updates. 

0 Likes