Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 10 plus data connection issues

(Topic created on: 30-09-2019 04:03 PM)
HaytchG
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I have purchased a note 10 plus over a week ago and I have been getting really bad internet connection. I have raised the issue many times with my phone carrier but they are not helping in any way. Today I decided to put my sim card into my old iPhone 8 plus and my internet works perfectly fine. Is the issue with the phone in this case? Or could it still my phone providers fault? Any suggestions on how to solve this annoying problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks :sun-with-face:

30 REPLIES 30
thatlukeguy
Student
Options
I'm having the same problem on 4G, I've been sat next to a group of people who are in the same Whatsapp group and they will all get notifications and i'll get the same one 5 mins later
Loading webpages is painful, even trying to play songs on spotify takes a while to buffer before starting

I've tried resetting the network settings, factory reset and clearing cache partition but nothing works, i've only had the phone for 2 weeks as a part of the Samsung upgrade scheme....not a good start
0 Likes
HaytchG
Journeyman
Options

Hi there :sun-with-face: my problem with the Internet has actually been sorted out. I don't know what the issue was but I hope your connection gets sorted too. It seems like my Samsung took longer to accept my sim and allow my 4g to work than my iPhone did but it eventually sort itself out. It now works perfectly which is good news as I was so disappointed at first. I would recommend to keep raising the 4g issue with your network provider aswell as that could be part of the reason too. I kept doing that until I got my 4g working lol. @thatlukeguy 

0 Likes
Bdpgroovin
Student
Options

Hello, I am having the same issue. My data works fine over wifi, but my carrier data is awful. I can have full bars, and pages/apps won't load. I can connect to my carrier hotspot in my car, and the data works just fine, so it's not the carrier data, there is something wrong with the phone. It doesn't matter where I am.  Home, work, on the road, metropolitan area, rural, the poor data is all the same. 

Pazman
Journeyman
Options
I'm in same boat pal my note 10 siganl strenth is shockingly bad .
0 Likes
Sunlight888
Journeyman
Options

My new Note 10+ sucks in mobile connection. Changing my SIM to my other phone my old one gives very fast speed.. Two thirds of the day I have No connection when my wife next to me has high speed connection on the same SIM type. WHAT'S UP SAMSUNG.  PAID A HELL OF A LOT FOR THIS. Have enough data left for the day. No apps running etc etc. HELP PLS

James

0 Likes
wawone
Student
Options

You need to set up the APN manually. Search for your service provider APN setting, and just follow everything on that site. Things that I noticed when I got this problem was, my APN name an the setting on my samsung galaxy notes 10+ wasn't exactly my service provider's APN. So, after I set my APN manually, my mobile connection works very well.

Sunlight888
Journeyman
Options
Thank you so much for your answer.. I did all that already though..
0 Likes
thatlukeguy
Student
Options

YES! thank you so much for that, I searched for O2's APN setup and manually set it up and now its working perfectly!

Just when i was about to give up you saved the day

Sunlight888
Journeyman
Options
Meanwhile I'm still stuck with no answer or help.. Glad you got helped tho
0 Likes
wawone
Student
Options

Hi @Sunlight888,

Can you tell us what is your network service provider's name?

0 Likes