Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 Plus concerns...

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 11:19 AM)
Niq
Student
Options

Hello. I'm in the market for a new phone and have my eye on the Note 10 Plus, but have some concerns regarding color accuracy of photos, quality of the photos themselves, beauty mode/skin smoothing done on selfies and night mode.

I've read that these devices oversaturate photos and lighten and smooth the skin on selfies,

something I greatly dislike. I can deal with a little oversaturation and skin smoothing and brightening, I suppose, but not if it's too much to the point that the photos look significantly or noticeably different from what I actually saw or look like in person.

Multiple videos by tech reviewers seem to confirm this phenomenon, unless the reviewers are doctoring the images or not adjusting the phone settings to get more natural shots.

Someone on Reddit complained that the phone turned her dog's black fur into a black sheet, basically, I guess in an attempt to smooth things out. I want to see details in my photos.

Second, are low light shots and videos at least decent? I don't expect to be blown out of the water here, since it's not a full-fledged camera, but I don't want anything terrible either, obviously.

Besides these concerns, the phone seems great. Above average battery life, wonderful design, unique Aura Glow color and a screen that is so incredibly vibrant.

I am a bit bored with IOS, quite frankly. I had a Note 4 once and really liked it, so I want to return to this series if these issues I mentioned can be rectified or aren't as bad as others are making them seem.

Part of me thinks people have become so spoiled by technology that they will nitpick every little thing "wrong" with a phone and exaggerate its flaws.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've no complaints regarding my Samsung Note 10+ 5G at all which I purchased on launch date directly from Samsung UK.

It's a powerhouse of a phone.

I'm very happy with the way my photos turn out from what I see, but I submit we all see things differently.

Why not pop into a Samsung Experience Store or a Network Store with working retail demo models on display and take some photos to see what you think @Niq 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Niq
Student
Options

I planned on doing that.

I clearly saw a difference in the videos I watched from tech reviewers (compared to the iPhone) but, again, maybe they doctored the images or didn't adjust certain settings.

Thanks for your response.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I certainly wouldn't make a final decision from what I'd seen online.

I use YouTube reviews etc when making a decision to purchase a phone etc.

Please do go to a retail store and give one a go @Niq 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes