Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10/Note 10+ camera not really "professional" at all!

(Topic created on: 27-11-2019 05:58 AM)
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

Hello,

Started this the same the same the S10 topic was started, about the same problems with the camera system.

Sadly, Samsung ignores the massive issue with their image processing algorithms that got broken ever since the Note 9.

This phone is amazing, but the camera is a freakin mess indoors, outdoors in shade and midlight with no sun, and any other midlight  and artificial light situation: smudges in colors, noise, excessive compression resulting in lack of details, dull colors, oil paint like effect especially on skin tones.

Post your review here as well if you think the same, that your Note 10 fails to impress with the camera:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Un-Official-quot-Suggestion-Thread-qu... 

They got it right with the display, as usual, it is amazing, the stereo sound is great, battery is fine for me on the Note 10+, performance seems fine, but the camera...

It took apple years to understand that they messed up their camera system starting with IOS10 and iphone 7. With the 11 series they nailed and fix it. Shall we expect Samsung to ignore this problem the same way??

14 REPLIES 14
Shelley123
Voyager
Options

Does anyone else have this problem,20200511_075612.jpg

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

I've got the Aura Black one and I don't have any rainbows in my photos, just the usual lens flare if I'm pointing at the sun

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@Shelley123  very nice pics of sea/sun. The flare is normal, annoying but nothing in comparison with what S20 series flare is, due to its very large glass on the back. And check Pixel 4, it has also very green flare dots way larger than the ones n10+ eventually gives.

I dont get the last pic issue with this rainbow. Instead there is sometimes greenish tint on black textures when there is high HDR (like a high window light and black textures / shadows in foreground).

0 Likes
Amalooly
Journeyman
Options

Yes. Agreed. I've had longstanding issues with their camera software and image processing. Aggressive noise reduction and oversharpening plague images with artifacts. I've had to develop a process to reverse sharpening and adding some grain in VSCO and Snapseed to break up some of those artifacts.  They have Definitely been making tweeks and progress though. It just ends up being really inconsistent for me. There's this benefit to quality ratio for noise reduction that you really have to balance. Good "natural looking" grain, can be super pleasing in an image. If the goal is to remove all noise via an algorithm, you trade off detail for that, then to compensate you apply sharpening, which basically just sharpens the edges of everything and introduces gross artifacts. I do also find that my Note 10+ likes to overexpose shots, and I find myself pulling down exposure (and hopefully not changing camera modes) just because I want it to look the way it did when I saw it and I don't want their agresssive noise reductions algorithms to do their thing and axe all the details and natural noise/grain in surfaces. 

DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@Amalooly  Yup good summary of samsung render/camera app issues... I have same feelings and use the same things (among with tier apps different than samsung stock).

@Shelley123  For flare there is a very easy way to correct this. You can download Photoshop Express from Adobe for free, in the google app store. In the bottom icon bar select the cross (X) just left to the eye icon. Then click on the default/flare dot. Problem solved.

0 Likes