Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 microphone issues

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 06:00 AM)
Bye_bye_iphone
First Poster
Options

End of October I bought a Note 10 with tmobile service and I experienced a couple dropped calls in the beginning. I thought it was a provider issue. And now its middle of November - every other call has dropped or the person on the other end can't hear me and ends the call. I've even called tmobile 611 - I can hear them perfectly but again they can't hear me. so it's not a tmobile service issue. I pop my tmobile sim into my unlocked att Note 5 and call 611 again. We reset network and they sent me new sim cards. Same problem. If they send my phone in for service,  I will get a refurbished Note 10 because buyers remorse is passed. Doesnt sound fair since I paid nearly $1000. for a NEW phone not even 30 days ago. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Bye_bye_iphone 

You would need to check the T&C's of the business that supplied the phone for you.

In the UK if I buy my Samsung phone directly from Samsung then I have 30 days to have the phone swapped out if it fails.

After 30 days it's a repair.

In the UK a person can elect to take the phone back to the network that supplied the phone for repair / support or take it to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre for a repair.

If a phone has to be sent away i.e cannot be repaired in-house then with some networks here they supply a courtesy phone.

In extreme cases if the phone cannot be repaired and the issue hasn't happened from an accidental drop / bump or water damage then they provide a nearly new phone.

If a person has mobile phone insurance or has Home Contents Insurance then typically a new phone is supplied after paying an excess fee and T&C's are met.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Ibisweet
First Poster
Options

I got Note 10+ just about 3 months ago, I've been told by people they can hear me. I went into Samsung store today in Stratford London and the guy that attended to me was so insensitive to the matter didn't seem bothered.  He ran a test on the phone by clicking pass, pass pass pass on the diagnosis himself. At the end he said there was nothing wrong with my phone. I paid over £1000 for this device, drove 2 hours to the appointment was made to wait 1.5 hours to be seen, paid £8 for parking and go a very ***** service from Samsung. I used to Love Samsung and their products until now. I was in tears walking out of the store. How can you pay so much for a phone and you can get 10% of what u paid for in less than months.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ibisweet 

I appreciate these phones are not cheap.

I buy my phones direct from Samsung at full retail price myself.

I would have asked the Samsung person to ring me in the store if the issue is a microphone one to replicate the issue.

My local Samsung Experience Store has a Service Centre upstairs where they have hands on with problem devices.

If Samsung provided the phone then I would have asked to speak to a manager for further support even if it meant having to let them send the phone away.

Did you buy the phone directly from Samsung  ?

If a Network then it's them that do need to provide support as the seller of the phone as its them not Samsung that apply the 24 month manufacturer warranty.

This link may also help.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes