Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 Lite constantly rebooting when connected to a fast charger

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 12:30 PM)
AnirX
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

This morning I installed an automatic update to my Samsung Note 10 Lite (Android 10). Since then my phone keeps continuously restarting when connected to a fast charger. The phone works works fine when connected to a normal/slow USB charger. 

I updated to Android 11, but even that didn't fix the problem. 

Anyone else having a similar issue? Any known fix to this issue?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you have an SD card in the phone? If so try removing it.
0 Likes
AnirX
Apprentice
Options

No, I had already removed the SD Card, as I was worried about losing data.

I am aware that other people are also having issues with this software patch as mentioned in the posts below:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note10-series/fast-charging-not-working-on-note-10-after-...

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note/Note-10-Lite-Fast-Charging-Issue/td-p/10873627

But they have not mentioned about the phone continuously restarting when connected to a USB-C charger (capable of delivering up to 20V)  like the one for Macbooks.

I also did a factory reset but that did not fix it. Upgraded to Android 12, still the issue remains. I am very disappointed with Samsung Engineering. Can Samsung engineers try reproducing the issue at their end?

My other Note 10 Lite, which was not updated with the software patch still works perfectly with the USB-C Macbook charger.

I thought Samsung was a responsible company and would thoroughly test their software updates before release. But I am deeply disappointed. Also how can Samsung take away a feature from a phone which the customer already owns without making them aware and taking their consent?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AnirX: Where possible, we always recommend that you use genuine Samsung cables and adapters for compatibility purposes, however I do appreciate that this situation is far from ideal. If you head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > More battery settings, and toggle off Fast Charging, are you able to connect your Macbook charger without the phone restarting? If not, please try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the downward facing arrow to the right of 'Your apps' > Show System Apps (toggle this on) > OK  > USBSettings > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then restart your Note 10 Lite. Le me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
AnirX
Apprentice
Options

Hi AndrewL, Many thanks for your message, greatly appreciate  your help. Unfortunately both the above techniques did not work.

- I tried the first mechanism before (found it on some other forum) - but did not work

- Tried your second mechanism - but unfortunately it did not work

In addition I tried the following as well but these also did not work:

- I wiped the cache partition from the Android recovery menu. 

- I did a factory reset from the Android Recovery menu

When the update was displayed to me it said that even a factory reset would not remove it, but it did not outline the impact on the phone. I deeply regret installing the update. Wasted a few of my days doing a job that Samsung Engineers should have done before releasing an update. 

Is it possible to reverse the update without having to re-flash a stock rom? 

0 Likes