Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ glitchy S-Pen

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 09:25 AM)
NasAd
First Poster
Options

https://youtu.be/4QSyIZQUdzM 

My S-Pen glitches severely on my Note 10+. It happens on the bottom right hand side and the top middle of the phone. 

The pointer jumps around when hovering, the screen recognises touches when there are none.

I believe it's where both speakers are. Surely this is a big design flaw? 

I have no case on the phone. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @NasAd ,

thanks for sharing this with us. How long have you been experiencing this issue? Is this happening in all the apps and screens and have you recently made any changes on the phone (upgraded the software, downloaded any new apps...)? 

0 Likes
NasAd
First Poster
Options
Hey @TessM

I've noticed it for the last week. But I hadn't used my S-Pen for a while. Another issue is that the Pen doesn't connect to my phone either so I can't edit Air Actions. I upgraded to the latest OS when it was available a couple months ago.

It's the same on every app and screen, even when I rotate, it's glitchy in the same areas.

I haven't downloaded any new apps that could cause this problem I don't think.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Let’s try this:

-Perform a soft reset on your device by pressing and holding the Power, Bixby, and Volume down buttons for 10 seconds and if a warning pops up, press the Volume down button.

-Try the device in Safe Mode to see if a third-party app may be causing the issue. Please follow these steps to put your device into Safe mode: Turn off your device > Power on your device normally > As soon as you see the Samsung logo, hold the volume down key > Keep hold of the volume down key until you’re onto the home screen > Safe mode will be indicated in the bottom left corner in a small black bar.

0 Likes
NasAd
First Poster
Options
I just tried both, it's still glitching the same. It's like the pen has a mind of its own.
0 Likes
NasAd
First Poster
Options
Hey @TessM

My warranty is coming up to an end in a month, how could we get this sorted?
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @NasAd , Which country are you based in? And which country did you get your Note10+ from?

0 Likes
NasAd
First Poster
Options
Hi @AntS , I'm currently based in Qatar - I bought the phone from Samsung here, too
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers @NasAd ! Probably best for you to get in touch with Samsung AE Support for further advice and help on this one: https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/ . (The team on this forum only cover the UK and Ireland, so we're limited in what we can do for you beyond general advice on resets etc.)

0 Likes