Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 10+ favourite callers amd Do Not Disturb

(Topic created on: 22-01-2020 01:05 AM)
Evie123
Explorer
Options

Hi, can anyone tell me how to set exceptions for callers on Do Not Disturb mode?

I have no star next callers names to create favourites, some callers have a sim icon, but most have nothing. Help! Driving me nuts 🤪

Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
AntS
Options

Hi @Evie123 , :smiling-face:

Phone app > Contacts > click on a contact > click on the 'i' icon > click on the 'star' icon next to their name to create/add to a favourite contacts list.

Note10_Contact Favourites_01.JPGNote10_Contact Favourites_02.JPG

(Unsure if you've already figured this one out, or if it's driven you so far over the edge that you're sitting in bath of cold baked beans with a rubber glove on your head saying this is how you want to live now...)

Evie123
Explorer
Options

Hello, thanks so much for your reply 😁...which I will try as soon as I've sorted out my latest problem which means I can't even get INTO my phone 😵  You may see my newest post I decide I'm a lost cause...

0 Likes
Evie123
Explorer
Options

Ummmm....so I still cant do that with contacts. I just dont get the star option. Is it anything to do with contacts being saved to phone or sim? 

Here are some screen shots of what happens when I go into contacts and press the "i"

Also I tried naming a group as "Favourites". That didn't fool it either!

Thanks again

EvieScreenshot_20200121-164443_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20200121-164328_Contacts.jpg

Screenshot_20200121-164250_Contacts.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Evie123: Let's try moving all your contacts to one location to see if this helps. To do this, open the Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Manage Contacts > Import/Export Contacts > Export > Select 'SIM' > Choose the contacts you'd like to move, or tap 'All' > Export. If you try the steps provided by @AntS again, are you able to set a favourite contact?
Evie123
Explorer
Options

Hi, 

No! I still have no star or other option to set a favourite. Also, I've looked and it says that the most recent version of "Contacts" is installed.

🤔 

I've tried all the likely looking places but no luck. 

Thanks again for replying.

0 Likes
Solution
Evie123
Explorer
Options

I've actually now solved this!! Through much, much trial and error. See attached photos! No actual ☆ to highlight as most people seem to have, but an option to select " Started in Android" when you hit "Edit Contact" and then "Groups"

Hopefully this might help someone else!

Screenshot_20200122-004754_Contacts.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-004840_Contacts.jpg

Screenshot_20200122-004913_Contacts.jpg

Evie123
Explorer
Options

Also I'm pretty sure that option was not there until I exported all the contacts together?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Glad that you found a way to sort it, @Evie123 ! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

@BandOfBrothers , @SjorsK : You guys come across the same thing for contacts on your Note10's? :thinking-face:

SjorsK
Maestro
Options
I actually don't use the favorite callers feature in combination do not Disturb so I have little experience. Basically I don't want to be disturbed by anyone when Do Not Disturb is on and key contact persons know that they have to call twice inside 15 minutes to break though if its really urgent (And I tend to call back in a few minutes anyway once I miss a call :smiling-face: ).