I got as a gift and am not in Europe at the time being am in egypt 

And it doesn't accept my sim cards 

How to unlock it

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ThomasQvs
First Poster
Options
i remember to unlocked mine .. was just make a 8-10 mins call to anyone .. 1st call from out of the box ... then hang up ... just ring girlfriend/wife at home .. both phones same room .. and then end after 10 mins ... should unlocked all sims etc for all network
0 Likes
Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
Hello @Rayan6, there is already a topic on this issue started by @Greenonly on 30th August. Sorry, I do not know how to link posts on the app, so just search for it.
You are probably now aware that an European Sim card should have been used in the phone for at least five minutes whilst the phone was still in Europe.
It is potentially possible to have the phone unlocked either directly by Samsung, or through a local Samsung Experience Centre.
However, now that the phone is in Egypt, which is outside its "intended region of use", you may need to go through what could end up being a protracted process to have it unlocked, unless you have an influential acquaintance at your nearest local Samsung Experience Centre.
There is still the option of getting the phone back to Europe where it can be unlocked at a Samsung Experience Centre.
I hope this is of some help.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Rayan6 

"All current Samsung phones come with an active regional lock when first bought. Assuming it's not also locked to a specific network, using a SIM from the same regional origin as the phone for at least 5 minutes of total talktime will disable the regional lock and allow you to use a SIM from any other region from then on."

If you contact Samsung Customer support from the region the phone was released in they might be able to remove this region lock remotely.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Greenonly
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I had the same problem, but it is now resolved. I tried lots of different channels, none worked. What worked was this: I still have a European SIM card, so I asked someone in Europe to call me on my number for 5 minutes. It is now unlocked! 

0 Likes