Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ - Dual SIM and Contacts

(Topic created on: 26-01-2020 01:02 PM)
Weetabix
Student
Options

I am considering buying a Note 10+ Dual SIM version so I can have one phone for work and personal.

I know that I can prompt the phone to ask me which SIM to use each time I make a call but is there any way I can assign a SIM to each contact so that it uses that number by default?  I know this can be done on OnePlus handsets but I prefer Samsung.

If anyone is able to answer that for me I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Its not possible to assign a phone number to a contact. That said, at every contact I have the choice between the two simcards and that works fine for me :smiling-face: If you call people back it also uses the same simcard by default.
0 Likes
Weetabix
Student
Options

That's a real shame but thanks for answering.

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

No problem. Honestly, I'm not missing that feature considering simcard selection is really easy. You select contact and can pick your messaging option quickly and easily afterwards 😄

Screenshot_20200126-175454_Phone.jpg

0 Likes
Lukas80
First Poster
Options

Honestly it is a problem for me, especialy when im using phone in a car or whenenever i am comunicating with my phone verbaly. i can tell my phone to call someone but it does not know which sim to use so i have to grab my phone and push the "button" also sometimes i make mistakes sending sms  or calling from wrong sim (private for business or opposite) 

I cannot understand why Samsung swichted it off in premium phone, it is aviable on android itself.  With my next phone i will pay attention to that and chose producer supporting this simple issue...