Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 cracked screen

(Topic created on: 26-12-2020 04:50 AM)
dcavni
Explorer
Options

A month old. From day 1 in Spigen Ultra Hybrid case and last two weeks with Whitestone dome screen protector. I took it from the pocket in the evening (i was driving with the car before when i put it in the pocket after a call and it was ok) and found this. It cracked above the power button throughout the whole screen. The crack on the screen protector above that one was made by me, when i was checking if the screen actualy cracked. The screen and touch still works fine. How is this even possible, that the screen cracks inside the front pants pocket by itself? Aren't phones designed for carrying them in pocket? There was nothing else in the pocket that could cause the crack and also, the crack started at the very beggining of the glass 2 mm inside the case. I found some simillar cases of spontaneus cracks in the same way on the Samsung phones on the internet. It looks like manufacture defect, but how to proove it to the Samsung service center? I have had only Samsung phones until now and also in the family we have 3 more and not even 1 had a broken screen until now. I will certanly rethink my brand decision if i will have to pay for apparent manufacturing defect even for the price of loosing S-pen.

The realy expensive phone is becoming even more expensive...

109 REPLIES 109
Malleybo
Journeyman
Options

Wow, My screen crack is almost identical to yours!

0 Likes
touki
Journeyman
Options

Yep, me too. Although it is clear Samsung do not care.

0 Likes
damngood
Student
Options

same issue with my note 10+

0 Likes
Members_bu5G7rn
First Poster
Options

Mine has literally just done this tonight while left on the side. Near enough the exact same

0 Likes
AhsumSaus
First Poster
Options

I am way late on replying to this post, but mine has also done this. I have a case and soft screen protector, have never dropped my phone, and I only place it on my bed or end table. 

I had shown my mom a crack that had been bugging me, went to bed, went back over, and there was ANOTHER new crack and she knew it wasn't there the day before either. I think it has to be a defect in some of the glass that is being used.

0 Likes
Rhidium
First Poster
Options

Just thought to mention that you can trade in your Samsung Note 10 for $800 for a new Samsung S21/Flip/Fold phones. (I think the Flip is $1000 instead of $800).  I just traded mine in for a Fold.. which is crazy expensive. This was with AT&T, not sure if other carriers have something similar going on now. I think it is suppose to end very soon.

0 Likes
ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

Warning.   My Fold 3 last 3 months.   Split right down the middle.  They're on the rise.  Im telling all my friends who bought them to sell them ASAP.  It cost me $3000 here in Canada and the screen is going to cost $600!   Selling and getting a Pixel 6 Pro.  I'm so done with Samsungs expensive junk.  

It was in a case since day one.  Always kept at room temperature.  I sat down after work..  opened it and heard the crunch.   Split from top to bottom.  What a joke.   Not to mention the battery was completely garbage.  

I strongly suggest not buying the Fold3.   It was pretty well a $4000 mistake for me.    Best of luck all!

0 Likes
NINJATH3ORY
Student
Options
Common How's your phone just cracking I'm a current owner of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 + 5G since launched I've owned it I've even dropped it few times with case on no cracks nothing are you wearing skinny jeans? As you have to remember phone is glass only so much stress can be applied before it cracks ?
0 Likes
dcavni
Explorer
Options

Maybe you're just lucky. Production mistakes do happen, but if course nobody will tell anything about that.  For my first crack i'm 100% sure something was wrong with the screen. Second time it was completly my fault, when it fell from pocket and down the stairs.

0 Likes
ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

You should do some research before you spew the ***** that's coming out of you.  I'm a certified technician and I have collected flagship phones for years.   The Note10+ is so old to me.  Catch up.  So.  Google.  The 10+ had a defective batch.  Did you read the thread or look at photos?   We all had the same identical crack.   Same place.   Skinny jeans?   Get lost.   Mine cracked sitting on the kitchen counter.   2nd time happened while charging at my desk. It happens.  You obviously don't follow tech new.  Again.  Google.  The new Pixel 6..  some are cracking on their own.  Can't believe I'm even wasting my time replying to the likes of you.   Cya

0 Likes