Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 Colour issues in Camera

(Topic created on: 21-08-2022 09:31 PM)
DistinctMike
Pioneer
Options

Hi everyone. Strange issue I've picked up on on my Note 10+. It seems in some situations the gradient in shadows or highlights on white walls are showing up some weird artifacts. 

They could be banding or colour quantization problems but does anyone have an idea why they happen?  I know how to remove with Snapseed quite effectively but is it a sensor or processing issue? 

Sometimes pink or cyan. See below:

20220821_222114.jpg

20220821_223050.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
I personally think it could be a processing issue. First thing I would try is resetting the camera setup. Go into the apps settings and clear any cache data that might remain.

Then try another test shot.

If however you test this in pro mode with manual controls. Just leave the white balance, shutter, iso at automatic then the same occurs then it would be worth asking samsung tech support.

Anyway sorry about the long drawn out answer. This is what I would do
0 Likes
DistinctMike
Pioneer
Options

Thanks @Aronovic I tried now in pro mode and the same happens. White wall in my bathroom halogen 3000k downlights. Also in auto mode on main lens you can see the pink in the middle. Now obviously this is not the exact same issue but similar in that gradients of highlights and shadows are affected. I know this has something to do with the smaller sensors on the phone compared to newer models (my mate 20 Pro had similar artifacts in images) 

Pro

20220821_225516.jpg

Auto

20220821_225601.jpg

0 Likes
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
I think lens and colour aberrations aside even with a physical lens and poor software in firmware and software it wouldn't had made ot past the testing stage.

Take the s21 ultra for example. When using 108 megapixel mode, it can produce over saturated and over sharpened images.

I notice the main lens on the n10+ has a 1.5-2.4 arpeture f-stop. Does this happen at the 2.4 setting also?

The fact it is happening in manual mode also is alarming. Have you tried using it manually without automatic settings.

But I would try resetting the software for the camera or download something like lightroom mobile to see if the camera still behaves like that.
0 Likes
DistinctMike
Pioneer
Options

Tried resetting and no change. Same thing happens in lightroom mobile. Happens at 2.4 f-stop as well. 

Seem to have seen stuff on xda about banding and all camera suffer under specific lighting and white balance conditions. Will try under manual white balance later today

0 Likes