Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ Can't Connect to Mirrorlink

(Topic created on: 15-03-2020 01:33 PM)
andythegeek
First Poster
Options

I've just upgraded to a Note 10+ which is my first Samsung. I've been trying to use Mirrorlink with my Peugeot car but cannot get it to work. I've downloaded a certificate and car mode as the phone and car instructed me to do. The problem I hit is when I connect my phone by USB I get a warning message on my phone about Exposing Sensitive Information During Casting, with two options "Cancel" or "Start Now."

If I select "Start Now" Mirrorlink connects but I get an error on the car saying it couldn't open Car Mode and I should allow all permissions, which I have allowed all in the app settings. It seems another popup message is hidden behind the Casting warning to allow the car access to data, but hitting "Start Now" closes this other popup.

If I select "Cancel" on the Casting warning, the popup that was hidden behind stays so I can allow the car access to the phone's data, but because I've hit "Cancel" on the Casting warning Mirrorlink won't connect.

Has anyone else had this problem, it seems I need to find away to turn off the Casting warning.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Starquill
Apprentice
Options

I can't even get anything to pop up on my Subaru. It's pretty ridiculous. 

0 Likes
EmadYoussef
First Poster
Options

i can't download the da** certificate 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@andythegeek: Please be advised that Mirrorlink is no longer a supported service, as of June 1st 2020. As an alternative connection option, Samsung recommends using Android Auto. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
BringMirrorLinkBack
First Poster
Options

You guys should do something about this. Cars aren't cheap, people pay tens of thousends for their cars and you guys are taking away functionalities. How you haven't been sued is beyond me! I'm not buying any Samsung products from now on!

0 Likes