Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ Brightness

(Topic created on: 16-10-2019 04:56 PM)
Okank
Student
Options

Hi

I have just received my Note 10+. I have Note 8 as well.

The brightness of my Note 8 is more than Note 10+ at max brightness setting.

Also white is whiter on Note 8 display. 

Note 8 screen mode=Adaptive

Note 10+ Screen mode=tried both Natural and Vivid

Is this normal or is this something to my Note 10+?

Thank

24 REPLIES 24
Okank
Student
Options

I compared my note 10+ with a display unit in stores. It seems like the one on the display was slightly brighter but still note 8 is much brighter and on note 10+ whites are dull(grayish). When I am back from holiday I will compare it with the video suggested.

0 Likes
MayurH
First Poster
Options
Here in India where the Exynos variant is sold the display has warmer whites too. I don't know if this is processor or region specific but Exynos variant tends to have colors on the warmer side. Is this a calibration issue? Is this because of different manufacturing factories that make Samsung's displays?
0 Likes
jawss
First Poster
Options

This is apparently by design starting s10 https://news.samsung.com/global/easy-on-the-eyes-how-the-galaxy-s10s-display-protects-users-from-blu...

Although going to screen mode vivid and setting white balance can get you whiter whites than the default

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

adaptive display is present on the Note 10

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
Urrl
Explorer
Options

Tom's Guide:

"On our lab tests, the Note 10 Plus' screen turned in some of the best performance numbers we've seen. It hit 686 nits of brightness, which beats the OnePlus 7 Pro (513 nits), iPhone XS Max (606 nits) and Galaxy S10 Plus (625 nits). 

The OLED panel on the Note 10 Plus hit 212% of the color gamut in Vivid Mode and 124.6% in Natural mode, compared to 123% to the iPhone XS Max and 180% for the OnePlus 7 Pro. The Galaxy S10 Plus wasn't as colorful in Vivid mode (200%) and a slightly higher 136.5% in Natural mode."

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/galaxy-note-10-plus

Lookasso
Journeyman
Options

Under Device Care you click on the symbol of the battery, then you click on Power Mode, and there you can select High Performance.

But I'm afraid the suggestion is not helpful because it's clearly shown that there is no change in brightness between Optimised and High Performance.

For the rest, reviews are relatively useless. The Huawei P30 Pro is tested as less bright than the S10 or Note 10. I've compared them all side by side and the P30 Pro is way way way brighter.

The reason could be something that gsmarena calls sunlight contrast ratio. The scr of the p30 is much higher than the S10.

This is less visible in white webpages, but with Google maps you notice it a lot, with the P30 Pro you can see even under direct sun, with Samsung it's not so good.

zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

already tried that like i said i tried everything there is to try i have left it at samsung service they are going to have a look at the screen now they never said it's supposed to be that way so i hope.

0 Likes
Lookasso
Journeyman
Options

I did the same with my s10. Brought to service. They changed display, with no results. They put back the old display and changed motherboard, with no results.

What they didn't try was to change both display and motherboard (which is like changing phone).

Their s10 was a bit brighter and whiter than mine. But compared to a p30 Pro it was still way duller and greenish.

They said it's a normal variation from unit to unit. But I've never ever seen a display with such greenish colours. All Samsung S10 and Note 10 which I've tried are like this, and while you don't notice it anymore after a while, as soon as you compare it with another phone, the difference is enormous.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

wish they did that for me but they constantly told me it's normal

0 Likes
Me26
First Poster
Options
Thank you. This worked perfectly
0 Likes