Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ Brightness

(Topic created on: 29-08-2019 02:32 PM)
Okank
Student
Options

Hi

I have just received my Note 10+. I have Note 8 as well.

The brightness of my Note 8 is more than Note 10+ at max brightness setting.

Also white is whiter on Note 8 display. 

Note 8 screen mode=Adaptive

Note 10+ Screen mode=tried both Natural and Vivid

Is this normal or is this something to my Note 10+?

Thank

24 REPLIES 24
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's my understanding that each phone display panel can be different hence how one phone can be brighter and the display warmer or cooler.

If you can maybe pop into a Samsung Experience Store or network store that has working retail working models to try and hold them side by side.

For me my Note 10+ 5G display is bright enough.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Okank ,

I have to echo @BandOfBrothers  view here my display is also nice and bright, I have tried it V's my Note 9 and it seams about the same, the screen colour's will change phone to phone and model to model. To this end you can change to colour depth's too your own visual preference to enhance the white if you like, however I would give it a couple of days to see how you feel about it after and if you feel still unhappy see if you can find another Note 10 to gauge this with and use a youtube colour test video on both to compare. If you still think you have a defective unit send it back and have it checked out (in store if possible). I have a link here for such a video (this helps with continuity's across the devices) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aogt2PMZvOk just as a note make sure to set the visual preferences the same on both devices to test.

Hope that's some help :smiling-face:

0 Likes
DanLcfc
Explorer
Options

I contacted Samsung with the same issue. I put my note 9 on all the same pages as my note 10 and the note 9 Whiteness was brilliant compared to the note 10. On this page now it looks reddish, on WhatsApp it's greenish, on Google it's a terrible grey. I think this is the worst screen since before the note 4.

@Bades1978 wrote:

Hi @Okank ,

I have to echo @BandOfBrothers  view here my display is also nice and bright, I have tried it V's my Note 9 and it seams about the same, the screen colour's will change phone to phone and model to model. To this end you can change to colour depth's too your own visual preference to enhance the white if you like, however I would give it a couple of days to see how you feel about it after and if you feel still unhappy see if you can find another Note 10 to gauge this with and use a youtube colour test video on both to compare. If you still think you have a defective unit send it back and have it checked out (in store if possible). I have a link here for such a video (this helps with continuity's across the devices) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aogt2PMZvOk just as a note make sure to set the visual preferences the same on both devices to test.

Hope that's some help :smiling-face:

0 Likes
zzcool
Pioneer
Options

if you go into device care management you will notice it's set to optimized if you set it to max performance you get a choice of brightness set that to 10 and it seems to force a much higher brightness than max brightness, white looks alot less dull to me now so does colors

jawss
First Poster
Options

i noticed the difference after resetting my note 9. i noticed that by default note 9 is set to adaptive display, a setting that is absent on the note 10. setting them both to normal/basic gives more or less the same colors for me. I can achieve the same whiteness of adaptve display setting when i set my note 10 to vivid and pulling the white balance all the way to cold.

0 Likes
DanLcfc
Explorer
Options
If I go into device care management I don't have any option to do that. It just starts scanning my phone battery usage etc.
0 Likes
zzcool
Pioneer
Options

press battery

0 Likes
zzcool
Pioneer
Options

go into advanced settings under the temp slider to get the white balance settings and turn down green and red to 0 this will make the screen colder with no sideffects at all

DanLcfc
Explorer
Options
It's definitely better that way you've said but the colours are too prominent. The reds and blue are eye shattering. They haven't gave you much of an option compared to the previous note screen options to choose from.
0 Likes