Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ audio crackling and distortion

(Topic created on: 04-08-2020 11:32 PM)
Dezzy
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I purchased a Samsung note 10+ a few months ago. After about a week I noticed that it would make crackling/distorted noises when notifications come in, it's the same when I play music or videos. However, after awhile it goes away and comes back again intermittently. Only once was it really serious and lasted for a bit longer than usual. 
I went to the shop a few days ago and asked the technician, he said that it's most probably software problem and asked me to do a hard reset. 

I have done the following: 

Restart in safe mode 

Hard reset

Wipe cache partition

Speaker cleaner app

Nothing worked. I noticed that it happens 95% of the time in air conditioned rooms/cold rooms especially after the phone being idle for some time. Like when I wake up in the morning in air conditioned rooms. 

23 REPLIES 23
Dezzy
Apprentice
Options

I would suggest that you ask for a replacement. That's what I did as they have no clue what the problem is. I got a replacement phone and so far it does not have the same problem. Fingers crossed. Though it's true that samsung is testing my loyalty to the brand. Even my replacement phone came with a faulty spen (which apparently is not covered under warranty). Disappointment after disappointment from Samsung. 

0 Likes
Ruslan4o
First Poster
Options

Hello All, 

I have exactly the same issue. Can anyone tell me if their is solution?

0 Likes
Ruslan4o
First Poster
Options

Hello, any updates on this topic. I have the same issue?

0 Likes
Ruslan4o
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

Exact same problem. I gave my phone for warranty repair. This is my last time buying Samsung Phone. 

Last year i had S10 Plus, which was broken and they gave me the permission to replace the phone. Instead of this I bought the expensive one - Note 10 Plus. Now the smartphone is broken. 

Never again Samsung. Next time Iphone!

Ruslan Atanasov

0 Likes
RossH68
First Poster
Options

Hi

I am experiencing the same issue and I had similar issue with my S9+ so either I am just unlucky or their QA area does not have high standards.  Samsung don't appear to be overly supportive.  Very annoying.    

0 Likes
Koueider
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and it even happens when the phone is ringing 

0 Likes
Ruslan4o
First Poster
Options

Hello All,

I've got a call from Samsung Service that the phone is repared. They explained to me that they replaced the motherboard and the speaker. The problem is hardware. I will test the phone these days and i hope this will be my last time visiting the Service. Next year Apple will have one client more definattelly....

0 Likes
Macse2
First Poster
Options

There is solution that worked for me and I have no idea how it fix the problem. I did it by accident in fact ...

First I washed my phone with some glass cleaner leaquid so if there's any dust or ... would be removed but it didn't make any change. Then I accidentally left my phone in the fridge (-4 centigrade) and I forgot about it for some time (like maybe 1 hour) then when I find it I checked the sound and the problem wasn't fixed so hopelessly I performed another hard reset and the problem resolved... it's ok for 18 hours by now. I know that's wired solution and i don't know which part is necessary and which part is not...

0 Likes
horita
Student
Options

i'm literally having the same issue with my S10, i hope its a software problem and Samsung get rid of it asap, its so frustrating

0 Likes
horita
Student
Options

do you think it worth to send my phone, with de same issue, to a technical service?

0 Likes