Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ Android 11 Camera unusable for Video

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 09:45 AM)
thering1975
Explorer
Options

Okay, just upgraded OTA the latest Android 11 for Note10+ and have to say it is the first time i regret installing Samsung's latest OS.

Before i go the route of using Odin and wiping and starting fresh just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the following.

When shooting video on the main camera, there are micro jitter/stutters all over the place. This is with basic image stabilisation on and off, hdr on and off, 1080p 30 or 60fps. Its hard to explain but if you pan the camera either direction the focusing is stuttering or the stabilisation or something is going wrong and basically all video is unusable. Standard photos are fine it only affects the video mode. Have tested on other camera apps and the issue is present in all of them

Anyone else tested and see this.

short example -

21 REPLIES 21
thering1975
Explorer
Options

It's a firmware fault nothing to do with app. Try another app and same results. The code has borked the sensor  stabilisation  shift. 

Here's a test start recording with stabilisation on in settings. Then tap the edge of the phone where the camera is with your finger  watch the sensor have a hiss fit. Now repeat with stabilisation off. It still throws a fit albeit not as bad. Basically the firmware update for the camera is buggy.

thering1975
Explorer
Options

Just did a complete fresh install with Odin using same firmware but using standard CSC which wipes device. The result is the camera issues are still present so factory resetting makes no difference

thering1975
Explorer
Options

Okay, downgraded via Odin to last Android 10, Camera is back to full working health. Main reason was not only was the camera not working for me in 11, i noticed that Android Auto is also dead. Plugged into my car and nothing does not appear at all, either via AA in settings or the companion app. With 2 cables one brand new. Interesting AA worked when the Android 11 was applied over the air, but after a full fresh install, AA was dead.

Thankfully back to 10 and disabled software update not going back to 11 any time soon. 

Freek 68
First Poster
Options

Same thing here, also in slomo modes.

Need a fix soon, was my main reason for upgrafing to this phone

0 Likes
Monii
Pathfinder
Options
my camera is lagging after update to Android 11
0 Likes
thering1975
Explorer
Options

Yep, only options you have are either wait for an update to fix it, or rollback to 10 if you know how to use odin, if you do Samsung have also changed how you get into recovery again. Previously you had to hold vol up and power button then insert a usb cable, now you have to insert cable first and press the same buttons lol.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Do you think there is any loss for going back to android 10 as opposed to staying on 11. As far as I know one ui 2.5 was way better as it just worked correctly

Guess if I downgrade I'll wait for one ui 3.5
0 Likes
thering1975
Explorer
Options

No Loss at all.

Thing is Android 11 is much the same as 10 and 9, gone are the days of major features and benefits, Years ago i would of jumped on every beta and custom rom, now time is more important than some new gimmick, so no there is no loss to going back to 10 for now.

In fact doing the fresh wipe and install has cleared all the crud and it is running the best it has lol.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Thank you for letting me know. I'm in the same boat where I always looked forward to updates. I think one ui 2.5 was almost perfectly polished with my only gripe being the zoom in when in video just being sudden, which still hasn't been fixed. If anything going back is all gain. Really disappointed.

Also, just hoping if I can get an insight, has your autobrightness ever been an issue? For me it just seems very unresponsive even when I change my brightness for it to learn. I have to turn my phone screen on and off for it to register the new lighting conditions (even on ui 2.5) any help is appreciated, thank you for your findings so far btw
0 Likes
thering1975
Explorer
Options

I would say auto brightness is pretty slow to respond but then i usually switch it off and set it to the middle, and add the brightness slider to drop down visible all times that way i can control it when in darker brighter areas.

Also not sure if all you have ever done is OTA updates, but a goods full Odin install does clear all the crud, its a pain as you have to backup everything, inc sms and call logs etc but takes about an hour of your time and a fresh install does work wonders

0 Likes