Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

note 10+ 5g software update problems!!!

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 08:07 AM)
Ashley77
Pioneer
Options
That security patch for August won't successfully update! Tried everything but nothing working to resolve this.... have my Note downloading via my pc but its on 55% so fingers crossed.
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Biker74
Pathfinder
Options
There does seem to be an issue with this update. Samsung are probably working on a fix.
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
yep, getting an error at 26% of installation every time, reported it to Samsung early this morning, was told to factory reset the phone... hours wasted....
0 Likes
Solution
Ashley77
Pioneer
Options

15968256914424817221677039081207.jpg

Try downloading SmartSwitch on your PC. Connect your device via a type-c to USB-c cable then download the latest update through this method. Other than that wait for Samsung to rectify or its a Service Centre to potentially try to have them sort this issue or replace the device...?

I will add another post once the pc update has finished.  I am on 67% at the moment...

0 Likes
Merlins23ultra
Navigator
Options
Have you tried flushing the cache before installing through smart switch?
0 Likes
Biker74
Pathfinder
Options
I tried the PC download as well, but it stops about 60%
0 Likes
Case1188
Voyager
Options
I thought I was the only one with this issue until I visited Samsung members, its obviously a rollout issue that Samsung will fix, hopefully.
0 Likes
Ashley77
Pioneer
Options

SmartSwitch (dowload via pc browser) will allow you to download the latest update. It took my laptop hours so had to leave overnight... it successfully updated though so fingers crossed all is well. Will restore my phone and reply back soon but all seems 👌 

0 Likes
The_Original_Kieron
First Poster
Options

Same here, tried the Smart Switch workaround and that hasn't worked either...

0 Likes
117Tony
Apprentice
Options

It appears to be a problem with the update, I have seen a lot of people with this issue on another post so I have reported to samsung as well suggest everyone let samsung know for a fix to be issued

0 Likes