Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 10+ 5g earpiece not working

(Topic created on: 13-04-2020 06:10 PM)
Chrissywissy
Apprentice
Options

hi I have a note 10 plus 5g. Had it for 3 months and yesterday the earpiece seems to developed a fault...I can't hear phone calls unless i use the speakerphone otherwise its silence, have tried full factory reset and still will not work...am I missing something or is the phone broke ???

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Chrissywissy 

Please ensure no lint etc has worked its way into the mic.

If you perform a forum search you may get some return posts with helpful information within.

Hardware test: go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.

Check in with your Samsung Support Department to see if they can help.

Unfortunately all the Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centres are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Chrissywissy
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thank you for that band of brothers. the hardware test has confirmed the top speaker is broke...just gotta wait till tomorrow now for call centre to open and get it fixed... do you know if I will get a new phone of will they just repair this one ?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Chrissywissy 

In the Uk it depends on certain factors.

If purchased direct from Samsung then if the pbone has been owned less than 30 days they typically replace.

If over 30 days it's a repair.

If purchased direct from a Mobile Phone Network then check their T&C's.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Chrissywissy
Apprentice
Options

Update...got phone back yesterday,it lasted 2 phonecards and top speaker has gone again 😒.  The repair centre said it needs to go back to them again.  Any known software glitches that do near permanent harm to the top speaker ???. Is there anyone ever had this issue I'm a bit stuck ?

I have 

Note10plus5g

Galaxy buds

Galaxy watch 46 mm 4g

Samsung duo charger

0 Likes
Chrissywissy
Apprentice
Options

hi again...relating to this problem I've been having with the phone, it went for repair a third time and when it came back looked liked they had put bezel round, had new plastic on it, phoned the repair centre and they said they had replaced the screen, the battery, the antenna and a board near the charging port it said it was a P something can't remember exactly. Why would any of that make my earpiece faulty ?

P.s. the phone is actually working now 😁🤔

0 Likes