Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ 5G battery life

(Topic created on: 27-02-2020 01:28 PM)
Bumpercar
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. I recently 'upgraded' from a Huawei P30 Pro to a Note 10+ 5G. Besides the pretty poor fingerprint reader and disappointing camera, my biggest issue is the terrible battery life. From 7am to 5pm I am using 80% of my battery, compared to the P30 Pro which was 50% with the same usage pattern. There is no way this phone will last a full day of use. Is this because the phone is only 3 days old and is updating? Will it get better? 

If not, I am going to have to sell the phone and go back to my P30 because it is ridiculous for a £1000+ phone to have these issues.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Bumpercar 

" Is this because the phone is only 3 days old and is updating? Will it get better? "

The phone will still be working out your usage pattern and optimising.

Also the phones battery wouldn't usually hit optimum output until it has been discharged and re charged a few times. i.e from 99% to 15% is my route.

Some apps can be resource hungry to which your Battery Stats in Device Care should highlight in time.

Can you take a screenshot of your battery stats and post them here in your thread ?

Have you recently let the phone do any major firmware updates ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Bumpercar
First Poster
Options

It is now a week later and I have to say this is the worst phone I have ever had in so many ways

Battery life remains poor, 25% gone by 9:30 in the morning is ridiculous.

Fingerprint reader is a joke, it often takes 5 attempts and this is with the pre-installed protector.

Cellular connectivity is terrible, I can barely get a signal at my desk at work where my Huawei and iPhone dont have an issue.

Wifi often will not reconnect in the tube, I have to go into Wifi setting and select it, again Huawei and iPhone had no issues.

It won't automatically reconnect to my bluetooth headphones, again Huawei and iPhone had no issues.

Do I have an issue with mine, or are they all this *****?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Bumpercar 

"Do I have an issue with mine"

Best way to find out is via a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre. 

Or take it / send it back to the outlet that supplied it if there is a cooling off period and have it swapped out.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes