Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 10+ 5g ATT Jan 2022 update messed up phone

(Topic created on: 09-01-2022 11:14 PM)
bamablood94
Student
Options

My phone just updated. It's currently January 9th 2022 and now my phones middle button doesn't do anytging but freeze up my phone, locks creek sometimes won't unlock my phone and freeze. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bamablood94
Student
Options

I managed to fix mine by backing it up and reset to factory default(yall can try to reset just settings or something where it don't delete your stuff) but this fixed it for me. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ckug
First Poster
Options

I just go my update about an hour ago and I am having the same thing. My phone is basically useless.

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I'm having similar issues too with my note 10 plus after my last update. Mainly during charging. Think I've managed to send a bug report after restart.
xjuls
First Poster
Options

The same issue middle button doesn't work and the phone freezes up.

SomeGuyInTexas
Student
Options

Same here. Just updated (1/15/22) and the middle button has been disabled or is broken. Great QA Samsung. 🙄

colecodes
Student
Options

Same here! When I tap the middle Home button my entire phone freezes and is unusable. Restarting doesn't help. Obviously there's an issue with the new update and Samsung. Not even going to waste my time factory resetting. They need to patch this asap. 

colecodes
Student
Options

Just booted in safe mode and still having the same issue 🙃

Solution
bamablood94
Student
Options

I managed to fix mine by backing it up and reset to factory default(yall can try to reset just settings or something where it don't delete your stuff) but this fixed it for me. 

0 Likes
SomeGuyInTexas
Student
Options

Search all content

Sign In/Register

search icon

Samsung Community Get Help Android 12 Home button and unlocking device issues after last...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved 

Original topic:

Home button and unlocking device issues after last update?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)

user1M7UYejTuy

user1M7UYejTuy

Constellation

OPTIONS

3 weeks ago (Last edited 2 weeks ago ) in 

Android 12

*Solution at the bottom*

Ever since the last update the home button does not take me back to the home screenat all. Also, unlocking my device is bugged as well which unfortunately happens to be the only way to get back to the home screen! This last update is 100% the cause since the issue only started immediately after the last update and did not exist for me until this last update. It's incredibly inconvenient and I literally can't do anything on my phone due to it since switching between app is now a 2 minute task.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Has anyone found a fix?

Somebody posted a work around for the home button issue. Settings>Display>Navigation bar>Swipe Gestures on

Thank you for that HOWEVER, there are some issues: 

1. It has a small learning curve the gesture to go back doesn't really work the same as the back buttons.

2. It's useless for people who utilize the accessibility menu because the home button doesn't work there either and this presents issues for people with dexterity issues.

3. My phone is like 2 years old at this point and the pixels where the buttons used to be are permanently burned with the shape of them there which looks tasteless.

Also, I can't tell if this fixed the issue of unlocking the phone getting stuck on a transition. Will update if it also fixed that.

At the end of the day this is a temporary fix and not a resolution but thank you so much to the person who commented this!

SOLUTION:

This solution was shared with me by someone in the comments who linked a post on reddit. Here is a quote from the post it solved my issue no need to use the swipe navigation bar!

Found on Reddit. Fixed my phone immediately!

So what seems to have 'fixed' this: I went into Settings-->Apps-->Choose Default Apps and set the home app to Nova7 (or OneUI, whatever you use). I thought it was strange that Mobile Services Manager was showing, so I wanted to disable it, but was unable to. What I did do was go to Settings-->Apps-->Mobile Services Manager and hit Force Stop, and then went into Storage and Clear Data. I then went back to Settings-->Apps-->Mobile Services Manager and removed the permission to access the Phone.

Triverson
First Poster
Options

Woah this worked! Thank you and leave it to Reditt to get it handled and another capeless hero to post it here! (Or you may be wearing a cape I have no idea)

0 Likes