Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10/10 plus Kick in the teeth

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 01:57 PM)
Night-Wolf
Explorer
Options

I'm very disappointed that this promotion has come about now as the galaxy S10 pre-orders received free galaxy buds and the customer's that pre-ordered the note 10/10 plus got and still gets nothing free, if that's not giving everyone that purchased early a big kick in the teeth I don't what is.

Shame on you Samsung!

And for those customer's that are thinking about complaining don't bother as and I quote "sorry but we can't offer anything free if it's out of promotion dates given"

Just another example that loyal customer's get diddly squat!

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Night-Wolf 

There's many a time I've purchased an item and then not long after a reduction occurred or a promotion started.

What I'm trying to say is that this happens with lots if businesses and sometimes it's the luck of the draw what is offered.

i.e 

When I purchased my Samsung Galaxy s8 I missed the Samsung Promotion for the free Vr Headset by 1 day. :smiling-face:

When I purchased my Note 9 on launch day from Samsung the offer was to trade in an eligible phone so i gave them my Samsung Galaxy s8 and recieved £300 off the Note 9.

When i purchased my current phone the Samsung Note 10 5G on launch day again the Trade In promotion was available but in my eyes my Note 9 was less than a year old and is worth more than what was being offered.  Not a complaint but just my opinion so I sold it privately.

So I paid full retail price.

If I'm honest I was expecting the free Samsung Galaxy Buds.  :winking-face:

I bought my own set of Galaxy Buds in Black in the end. :smiling-face:

It is interesting to see what other Samsung divisions in other countries give as a sweetener to purchase their products.

I think if a person isn't desperate to buy the phone on launch then it can pay to wait a while to see what comes on offer.

That or see what independent businesses offer.

i.e 

In the UK we have shops like Carphone Warehouse.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Yeah it's not the best thing to see when you open the Samsung members app and it say's claim your free Galaxy buds between 10th-23th of October when the offer is open to 3rd party offers as well but what I see is that at this time you do not get the enhanced trade in value (yeah I know if you don't have a phone to trade in) but it would have been nice to have been offered a reduction even on the Galaxy buds when you buy the phone at the point of release... 

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
This also made me very upset.
I did not pre order my Note 10+ 5G 512GB when it was announced and I asked left and right if there are any promotions, but all I got was NO.
When me and my partner finally decided to each buy it on the 1st of October after waiting for more than a month, there was still no promotion.
Now what do I see 9 days later? Free Galaxy Buds? And for the S10 too? Weren't Galaxy Buds being sent out for customers who pre order the S10? Now they are being given away again?

I am so disappointed with this decision and feel like they just made fun of their customers who paid £2,400 in one go and got nothing as a gift, especially that this was the first time the 3.5mm headphone jack was removed - all the more reason to hand out a pair of Galaxy Buds!

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes Samsung removed the 3.5mm jack but they did then supply earphones with a USB-C connection.

Yes Samsung did have a promotion with the Samsung Galaxy s10 and free buds if a person pre ordered.

Without wanting to repeat myself Samsung did have a promotion. i.e Trade on your old eligible phone promotion on the Note 10 phones.

That came on handy for some but not others I submit.

For me I wanted the Samsung Note 10+ 5G so bought it wether it had a particular promotion I was interested in or not.

The phone is the primary goal.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

I would be less annoyed actually if the new Note was flawless.

Means pay a premium, but just be :

- able to use the new TOF sensor (3DScanner is a joke, to not say a scam and early August advertizing was a lie)

- could have the same performance with my exynos than SD version

- could have a better camera software (sharpness in low light / higher ISO range, better ultra-wide and zoom lenses performances, full pro-mode with ultra wide lens activated, better low light videos, portrait/live focus on objects etc)

- better 4G/4G+ performance

- better selfy cam

- etc.

So we bought at a premium a phone that lacks functionnal features that were advertized early August.

I would care less about the offers, as long as the price paid reflects the actual quality of the device.

@BandOfBrothers  you nailed it (though you did not want to). The offer on pre-order was $100 back when turning back a device, and after release, they offered $150...

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Yes Samsung removed the 3.5mm jack but they did then supply earphones with a USB-C connection.

Yes Samsung did have a promotion with the Samsung Galaxy s10 and free buds if a person pre ordered.

Without wanting to repeat myself Samsung did have a promotion. i.e Trade on your old eligible phone promotion on the Note 10 phones.

That came on handy for some but not others I submit.

For me I wanted the Samsung Note 10+ 5G so bought it wether it had a particular promotion I was interested in or not.

The phone is the primary goal.

Every new phone on the market comes with free earphones which are compatible with the respective handset, whether they have a 3.5mm jack or a USB-C  - as far as I am aware. But because this was the very first time they removed the 3.5mm jack it made perfect sense to offer the Buds as incentive. 

And yes they did have a promotion but I chose to ignore it simply because I got a much better price elsewhere for my previous phone than Samsung offered. In my previous post I was referring to a free gift. Just like I got a DeX when I pre-ordered my Note 8.

I stand by what I wrote - Samsung's decision to offer a free gift only now is very disappointing for me personally, and I discovered I'm not the only one. 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
Wootton27
Explorer
Options

Agreed, the whole experience this time round has been unbelievably 5**t.  Late products (tab s6) really poor communication & now poor promotional activity, which is sour in taste.  I've upgraded phone, tablet and watch for the past 3 years, but not next year, my mind is already made up. 

2020 Time to try a new brand.

Note 10+ 256g

Tab S6 256g

Tab S4

Galaxy Book

S8

S7

Galaxy Watch

Active 2 watch

It's not like I don't buy anything from them either.

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@Wootton27 wrote:

Agreed, the whole experience this time round has been unbelievably 5**t.  Late products (tab s6) really poor communication & now poor promotional activity, which is sour in taste.  I've upgraded phone, tablet and watch for the past 3 years, but not next year, my mind is already made up. 

2020 Time to try a new brand.

Note 10+ 256g

Tab S6 256g

Tab S4

Galaxy Book

S8

S7

Galaxy Watch

Active 2 watch

It's not like I don't buy anything from them either.

Its samsings sucker punch to bait the hook to increase profits. I revolted and went wired with thier dongle. And still have my N60 BT headphones from my Note 9 promo.

0 Likes
Night-Wolf
Explorer
Options

But we also have the 2nd point which makes me believe that Samsung are separating customer favourites by not feeling the need to roll out android 10 until the Galaxy S11 comes out in March, this sort of thing makes me suspicious to think that Galaxy S customer's are more superior and I was 1.

I'm currently reconsidering ever buying another Samsung!