Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No notification sounds after updating to Android 10.

(Topic created on: 20-12-2019 04:14 PM)
Dracoster
Student
Options

After updating to Android 10, I get no notification sounds besides system notifications (update complete, input pin, etc etc). 

This is especially annoying with Messages (even Google Messages), as there's no sound when receiving messages. Both general messages and new messages are set with the same sound. Every setting I can find related to notification sounds are set to give an audible notification.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @Dracoster 

Can you first try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

If that does not help then consider deleting the phones system files cache by turning the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.

If no joy then back up and consider a factory reset.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Ess_M
Apprentice
Options

I would consider booting the device in safe mode prior to any FDR's as it could be a conflicting 3rd party app, also have a look into the settings > apps > 3 dots on the top right > special access > notification access and have a look to see if any other apps have notification access turned on that should not have, when i had this issue an app called notification history had access and when i turned that off my issue was resolved.

To boot up your device in safe mode press the power key on the right hand side of your phone for 3 seconds, it will then give you 3 options power off restart and emergency mode, at this point press the power off option on screen and it will change to safe mode, tap it will then boot your device in safe mode and block 3rd party apps. If the issue does not persist in safe mode then it means it is a 3rd party app, at which point going through your app list and deleting apps one by one is the next step.

0 Likes
Solution
Dracoster
Student
Options
None of the suggestions worked. So I reset it to factory settings. Had to do it twice for it to work. I can finally hear incoming SMS' while the phone is in my pocket.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm glad my suggestion of a factory reset worked @Dracoster

:winking-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DrexelLake
First Poster
Options

Anybody else reading this....before restarting or reseting anything make sure your phone is not set to Do Not Disturb. Next go to settings, sound, and look under "play media to" and make sure your phone isn't still connected to a Speaker or other Bluetooth device.  If it is change it to "This Device".  I've had this happen on a few phones.

0 Likes