Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 06:22 AM)
IanTyers
Student
Options
Can anyone tell me if they have the "N" showing near the signal strength on the top bar on there Note 10 plus 5g mobile when NFC is switched on?  Thanks in advance 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @IanTyers 

The to indicate NFC  is activated only shows in your status bar when you pull down your notifications shade @IanTyers 

i.e 

Screenshot_20210828-061853_Samsung Internet.jpg

It does not show on the normal Home Page in the top status bar.

i.e 

Screenshot_20210828-062106_One UI Home.jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the unlocked Note 20 Ultra 5G and I don't get an NFC logo on my status bar my girlfriend has an unlocked Note 10+ 5G and she doesn't have an NFC logo either but on her old S10+ that was locked to O2 the NFC logo did show up on thatScreenshot_20210828-063729_One UI Home.jpg
IanTyers
Student
Options
Thanks for both of your comments. But as seen in the photo my S10 plus has the "N" on the top bar, but Note 10 plus does not.Screenshot_20210828-070750_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Possible due to two different models or two different versions of the installed software.

Network's also have their own flavour of software on them.

When I get home from work later on I'll crack open my Samsung Note 10 5G that was purchased from Samsung UK and I'll see where the NFC icon shows on that.

My above screen shots are from my N20 Ultra 5G that was imported from Hong Kong so that might be the reason. Or its because it's a different Note model !

Is there a particular reason you want to see the NFC icon in the status bar may I ask @IanTyers  ?

In the interim at least it shows as activated via the lit up toggle in your notifications shade. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
IanTyers
Student
Options
I'm a type one diabetic so use NFC with my libre blood test app, and with it not showing it is as if it does not work.
0 Likes
rodeoy2g
First Poster
Options

Mine has stopped working as well.  It seems to be an issue that a lot of users are having.  I have not seen a resolution from Samsung other than to take the phone to the service center.  If a lot of users are having the same problem, I honestly don't think that it is hardware and has to be taken to a service center.

IanTyers
Student
Options
Sounds more hardware ie faulty nfc board than software with them having to have it in.
0 Likes