Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC stopped working

(Topic created on: 06-02-2022 10:41 PM)
RocZi
Apprentice
Options

I normally do a weekly all apps update from Google Play Store for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus phone.

And due to working from home for the last 3 weeks, I have not used my phone's NFC for some time, so I did not realize what happened and when exactly that causes this.

When I went out of the house recently and use my NFC again, I realized no NFC reader can read or detect it. It  is not working for shop purchases and not in bus transport readers. There's no beep, nor message change, nor a red light from those readers to indicate my phone tried to send some signal but failed.

I checked the "Default NFC method" options in my NFC, it is put to "Auto Select". I changed it to "Android operating system". Same result, not working.

I don't remember about updating the software, but here is my information :

One UI version 3.1
Android version 11

Anyone know a fix?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
SereneH
Options

Hey, @RocZi!

Is anything blocking the NFC connectors?

This could be anything including a case. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
RocZi
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean like a casing?

I have a casing, but i dont need to remove the casing at all for all my NFC usage all along. Nevertheless, I will remove it to try tomorrow. I take public transport daily now so I can test.

If it is a hardware failure, then i wouldn't know. Except keep trying.

I am guessing it is a software issue because I see a few have posted the same topic after updating phone software. Wondering if more people faces this.

0 Likes
Mahykal
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution to this, mine suddenly stopped as well, No official updates lately but maybe a background update..  It's not the case, I didn't drop it between it working and  then not working. I use it every day for tap and pay so it's really weird it suddenly stopped

hafidzf
First Poster
Options
Mine also stopped recently. I checked the hardware in Samsung app says it is normal. Please help
RocZi
Apprentice
Options

I found the issue and it is a combination of factors. for my case, it is the debit card which i tied to my default NFC contactless payment of this card's app, that has ceased accepting transactions for certain payments unless it is done via the app's platform. Hence going through third party apps didn't work.

That is why when i tried linking the card to Google Pay as the default contactless, it also didn't work. So I had initially thought the NFC was broken.

Then I called samsung support and they remotely diagnosed my phone and said, every tests result seem fine. This lead me to rule out that hardware is the issue.

I then decide to change my card used and link this to test out Google Pay and Samsung Pay as default NFC contactless payment and it worked fine again. So i google for news about my previous card and found the news of the change in accepting transactions outside their app.

So it is not hardware issue this time.

Hope you all manage to do some trial and error to rule out what works and what don't and pin point the exact problem area.

0 Likes