Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Network band selection no longer available

(Topic created on: 02-06-2022 01:33 PM)
Sabir1
Pioneer
Options
UPDATE (04/07/2022): This is the response Samsung gave about band selection being disabled. It won't be coming back it seems.

Ever since I had the Note 10+ 5g, I had been able to use the band selection app to open the hidden menu which would allow me to select which bands to connect to and which bands to avoid. This was particularly important as Band 3 (1800Mhz) would give me the worst speed (~0.5 - 4 Mbps) and is at the same time the band/frequency the phone connects to constantly since it has the strongest signal strength. Band 3 also prevents my phone from connecting to 5g in my weakly coveraged area which enabled me to fix my several year long issue with terrible speeds giving me speeds up to ~200+Mbps. 

I just received the May 2022 update for my phone and I decided to update due to the camera stability improvements. After completing the update I notice that my phone is no longer connected to 5g. I check the band the phone is connected to and notice it to be Band 3. Thinking I may have forgot to turn off the Band 3, I try opening the band selection app to which it gives and error that it can't find the hidden menu.

I've come to know that this issue is widespread on the latest updates for most if not all the galaxy phones.

I don't know why the menu has suddenly disappeared or been disabled, but it is a very important feature for me and many others. I see no reason as to why this feature would be made inaccessible on Samsung devices since it isn't destructive but rather a really useful feature for many users.
Could someone with a better understanding, or better yet Samsung themselves please explain what's going on?

PETITION:
Go to solution
97 REPLIES 97
itreeye
First Poster
Options

Hi there, thank you for this, but I am unable to get it to work. I just keeps saying "valid license key does not present". 

Do you have any advice? Thank you! I would happily pay quite a bit to get band selection working again. (I live in an rv and travel a lot..) 

0 Likes
NetworkTechGuy
Apprentice
Options

This is because Samsung revoked the Knox license for the App.

The team behind this app is working on a fix which is in Beta for people who upgrade to Pro.

Don't forget to enter your Shield and Discord username.

More information can be found on the app developers Discord server (join before upgrading to Pro).  And don't forget to read #news

Edit: Android 12 works for sure and a few Android versions below should also work.

0 Likes
Simransingh
Student
Options

Can you add a link to Shannon DM tool or upload it if you have one? And More details would be great

Pat70
First Poster
Options

They blocked Knox permissions to Knox, alliance x can no longer access band selection unless you want to tether and do it using ADB.

0 Likes
Anecaslu
Explorer
Options

It's a pity that this option is no longer available. I miss it too. I have a poor coverage in my work and this was my salvation.

satya461
First Poster
Options

Can you please share adb command?

0 Likes
Rolith
First Poster
Options

Hey there, I was able to successfully get into Hidden menu console thing but the screen is all black, I clicked on the network setting but nothing happens. Any idea what's wrong?

0 Likes
Leone567
First Poster
Options

how did you access it?

0 Likes
Hoveriond
Apprentice
Options

What android version do you use?

0 Likes
Members_VdyvmZq