Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Network band selection no longer available

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 08:52 PM)
Sabir1
Pioneer
Options
UPDATE (04/07/2022): This is the response Samsung gave about band selection being disabled. It won't be coming back it seems.

Ever since I had the Note 10+ 5g, I had been able to use the band selection app to open the hidden menu which would allow me to select which bands to connect to and which bands to avoid. This was particularly important as Band 3 (1800Mhz) would give me the worst speed (~0.5 - 4 Mbps) and is at the same time the band/frequency the phone connects to constantly since it has the strongest signal strength. Band 3 also prevents my phone from connecting to 5g in my weakly coveraged area which enabled me to fix my several year long issue with terrible speeds giving me speeds up to ~200+Mbps. 

I just received the May 2022 update for my phone and I decided to update due to the camera stability improvements. After completing the update I notice that my phone is no longer connected to 5g. I check the band the phone is connected to and notice it to be Band 3. Thinking I may have forgot to turn off the Band 3, I try opening the band selection app to which it gives and error that it can't find the hidden menu.

I've come to know that this issue is widespread on the latest updates for most if not all the galaxy phones.

I don't know why the menu has suddenly disappeared or been disabled, but it is a very important feature for me and many others. I see no reason as to why this feature would be made inaccessible on Samsung devices since it isn't destructive but rather a really useful feature for many users.
Could someone with a better understanding, or better yet Samsung themselves please explain what's going on?

PETITION:
97 REPLIES 97
Sabir1
Pioneer
Options
It would be quite unfortunate if Samsung makes this unavailable as well. It would be sad to see if they do it suddenly again when more people have turned on the band selection and have no way to turn it off
0 Likes
Solution
Yhudabug0808
First Poster
Options

Hey bro, you can lock the apps so even If you delete the recent app it will still be there.

After setting Frequency, Click Recent and Lock Section for Frequency Setting by clicking Stay Open/Lock Apps.(In Bahasa Indonesia it is called Tetap Buka)

Saya harap ini dapat membantu anda🙌

Screenshot_20220726-160830_One UI Home.jpg

Options

This is actually VERY GOOD solution!!!

So if you lose Samsung Network Settings. (After Android firmware)

1. Install Alliance Shield X and open Band Selection according to description from OSNIX user:

..."You need to install  Allinace Shild X from Play Store. Once you are registered and logged in: Open the App Manager.

Look for com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui and click on it. Go-to Activities.

Scroll down to com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui.hiddennetworksettings.MainActivity.

Click on it and choose Open.

There is now everything you'll need.

NOTE: the app need Admin and Knox rights for this to work. ".... This is from OSNIX user post - THANK YOU!!

2. Follow steps from Yhudabug0808:... "Hey bro, you can lock the apps so even If you delete the recent app it will still be there.

After setting Frequency, Click Recent and Lock Section for Frequency Setting by clicking Stay Open/Lock Apps.(In Bahasa Indonesia it is called Tetap Buka)"... in English - "Keep Open".

And then you have Samsung Band selection always ready to be used (even after android reboot)

Really great job guys!!!Special thanks to:

Thread / petition creator: Sabir1

User who provided working solution: OSNIX

User who provided method of keeping App Open: Yhudabug0808

You Are great Guys!

Thank You one more time! Greetings from Norway!!

Adam

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

It's still a shame that this wasn't reverted back already and Samsung refuses to acknowledge it's an issue. 

I understand you'll not make this a Section in the Settings App, but blocking the Dialer Code is just plain silly. It was a perfectly fine function before and many people relied on it, so why would you take it away?

Jairo Perez
First Poster
Options

Si yo hubiera sabido q eso le iba a pasar a mi a51 5g al descargar ese parche de seguridad de este mes no lo instalo 

yanshugupta
Explorer
Options

this seems to be not working anymore 

0 Likes
Fcava
Pioneer
Options

Alliance shield is not working now. I don't know if I'm the only one

Sabir1
Pioneer
Options
Your not the only one. It seems Samsung blocked this method too. If you still have it open in your task manager, I recommend you follow the steps outlined on one of the pinned comments here to prevent the hidden menu from closing. If you don't have it open, then there isn't any other way other than using Shannon DM Tool as someone else mentioned, join the discord for Shield Alliance and upgrade to Pro, or wait for them to release the fix publicly.
0 Likes
myfear
First Poster
Options

That sucks. I got a spare A22 5G I won't update using just as a router.

Band selection makes it one of the most versatile mobile hotspots around imo.

0 Likes
Sabir1
Pioneer
Options
It seems Samsung, as of this date, revoked the Knox licence from Alliance Shield X. I believe this is the reason why it is no longer possible to access the hidden menu through this method.
0 Likes