Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N10+ cameras are really bad (low light)

(Topic created on: 27-11-2019 06:06 AM)
carazo777
Journeyman
Options

Hi! It's been a month since I have the device and the cameras recording videos in low light have really poor quality. My Note 9  front camera has better results when recording in low light.  I have also read the same issue  in different forums and YouTube videos. It's a shame that Samsung offers that BAD Quality CAMERAS at that note10+ prices.

13 REPLIES 13
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

I can confirm this! Not only low light, but also in midlight, indoors on natural and artificial light as well.

Image processing is very bad.

Effective
First Poster
Options

Here I am with Android 10 update (and camera app update) and things are the same if not worse. Video is terrible in almost every situation that doesn't have perfect lighting conditions. I am very disappointed, seriously thinking of switching to iPhone...

0 Likes
Charismaticlg
First Poster
Options

i have the same problem... even indoors if i have a little less light at home i get lots of noise in the back camera if i switch to the front one its perfect... the problem seems to be only in the back on...

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@Effective @Charismaticlg  For videos in low light do not use super steady. It makes the images blurry or jerky.

Simply use FHD 30p with normal stab but not super steady. Also try with a lower brightness otherwise it creates noise.

Best is to avoid any kind of digital stabilisation when filming in low light.

N10+ is really awesome for videos, especially since 2.1 and PRO mode video.

You can try pro mode in low light and fix the parameters for ISO to something acceptable for example :

- A640 (at max). If you can lower it and still get acceptable results, do it... the lower the better for noise

- full HD 30p

- Aperture 1.5 and shutter speed 1/30. If you use FHD 30p, then the setting 1/30s is best to use since it gives the more light on sensor synchronised with the frame speed.

It would probably be even better on a stand like video tripod or with a gimbal, since you can turn stab OFF.

Photo has some flaws, especially front camera rendering is garbage, but video is some of the best you can get out of smartphones today.

0 Likes