Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Note 10 won't update to Android 1

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 11:31 AM)
ETNOTE10
Student
Options
Hi all,

I need some advice please. I have a Note10 which I want to update to Android 11. 

When I check for software updates, it's saying that it's all up to date:

"Your software is up to date. Software update information Current version: N970FXXS1BSLD/N970FOXM1BSL9/N970FXXU1BSL4 Security patch level: 1 January 2020"

Is there anything else I can check?

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, try using Smart Switch for PC to update. 

0 Likes
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
There's a list to say when each phone gets what version I think. Should be on Google
0 Likes
ETNOTE10
Student
Options
Hi, tried Smart Switch for PC, still saying there are no updates.

According to Samsung's schedule, Android 11 is available for the Note 10 since January 2021.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ETNOTE10: Where did you purchase your Note 10 from, and was it from inside the region where you're currently based? Software variances exist in our devices from country to country, therefore if the phone is outside it's intended region then this would explain why you are currently unable to complete the Android 11 update, as it is not compatible. 

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Testing and certification for different countries can take a long time. Each ROM update is retested for approval and use on phone networks because if they weren't regulated the could interfere with other devices using the same signal frequencies or be potentially dangerous to use.
0 Likes