(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 05:17 PM)
Journeyman
Options

Issue: Receiving basic network signals. Calls/text + 4G
Length of Time: Noticeable since April 2020
Phone: #
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 4G (SM-N975/DS)

Hello,

I'm having sporadic signal reception, to the point of the phone being almost unusable. I've used Sky Mobile and now using Virgin Mobile, both which piggyback off the O2 network.

Signal status of the TW12 area states reception is available and service good. Last year there were issues with network masts that required months before they were repaired and believed that to be the cause of the issue, as my Note 10+ 4G was receiving decent signal.

I've read some model's of this phone that they were released with faulty antenna's, or their ability to receive signal reduced in order to preserve the battery from overheating. 

Things I've tried to rectify/observe:

1. Hard resetting phone to factory settings.
  2. Walking various different route both in Urban and rural areas.
  3. Observing friend's phones signal reception (Samsung/Oppo) with various networks (O2/Three) which more often than note have signal/data, or can at least make a call/text.
  4. Contacted Samsung support chat, but suggested to reset phone and see how it goes. 
  5. Reset my Sim toolkit settings.
  6. Manually selected network rather than automatically.
  7. Turned off roaming mode.
  8. Turned off wifi call settings.

At times I may have 3 bars of signal reception, but a message will display on the top screen "Unable to find a network"/"Emergency calls only", or 4G symbol is displayed but can not get internet.

Some links to troubleshooting advice read:

How to Fix Galaxy Note10 Signal Issues (thedroidguy.com)

NFC antenna Galaxy Note 10+ repair - Free guide - SOSav

Does anyone have any experience of this, or other solutions they've tried?

Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman
Options

Update

Have purchased the 22 Ultra model with exchange program directly from Samsung. No device issues so far, happy with purchase. However I would of been more than contempt with my Note 10+ if it didnt have the unfixable antenna issues.

0 Likes
Soha_Adel
Student
Options

I have the same issue in Note 10 plus, very disappointed.

Any help ?

0 Likes
Al3cs75
Student
Options

Looks like a motherboard fail, there is no way to fix it without changing it

0 Likes
DistinctMike
Pioneer
Options

Good luck with that, the s22 ultra suffers just as badly. I have a note 10 plus and it is much better so much so that I'm selling my s22 ultra. Samsung in my country can't even bother to get back to me about returning the phone

0 Likes
Soha_Adel
Student
Options

I have the same issue on Note10+, Any clues ?

0 Likes
Allentl
First Poster
Options

Note 10+, exactly the same issue. New from Best buy marketplace seller.

0 Likes
Yaya1983
First Poster
Options

OHEEEMMMGEEE I have the same issue! Came here in hopes to find a solution & now I'm even more disappointed. I love this phone other than the obvious, obviously. When I'm at home I get no signal whatsoever! I have to rely on wifi & a darn textnow #, which I hate having to use. Ugh!

0 Likes