Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Microsoft 'Your Phone' app not working as expected

(Topic created on: 23-09-2019 09:17 PM)
Jaabie
Apprentice
Options

Do any of you use the windows Your-Phone application?

I have the latest version downloaded on my PC and I thought I would be able to see the screen of my phone on the computer. However this function does not seem to be enabled.

It is working for messages and photos and notifications, but can't seem to activate the killer feature of being able to see my phone. 

(I know DeX will do everything I need but this is not a DeX issue, I want to get the app working as described).

Anyone else had this issue?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

Yes it works. It worked for a while then used to fail at some point, and stopped using it.

But i just checked again after reading your post and it works.

You need the application from miscrosoft installed on the note (in galaxy store).

You need also to activate "link with windows" or whatever it is in english, on the top menu of your phone.

Also if it does not work well, prefer the use of a WIFI connexion to your router.

The reason why i did not used it lately is because it used to fail many times, and now i am using DEX which works so nicely. I transfer all my files with it and it is just fine and fast. Also YourPhone is too tight, can't do much with it (cannot see the videos, etc)...

Jaabie
Apprentice
Options
Ahhhhhh you need to download an app to your phone! News to me. I will check when back in the office and revert, thanks a million, I think that may be it!

Your right about DeX though works very well
0 Likes
Solution
Jaabie
Apprentice
Options
Turns out it was a windows issue - IE i needed to update to the the latest Window 10 version.
The app was not to blame, it was pre-installed on the phone.

(Still does not work at work, even though I am on the same wifi network - phone and computer. -

I think IT have something blocking it, HOWEVER at least I can now see the option to see my phone screen.