Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:40 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Options

@decapeter - like I said many times on this thread and more, just revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5.....unfortunately Samsung is refusing to fix this issue....

If you are going to a new device.....get the Google Pixel 6

DieLyn
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Please stop instructing people to revert to Android 10, UI 2.5. It is not a solution.

If anything, the mods are going to mark this thread as "SOLVED" if you keep spouting nonsense about having found the "solution".

DieLyn
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL 

You're listed as the Mod... Any feedback on this?

It is still most definitely broken as pointed out by quite a few people now.

0 Likes
Options

@DieLyn- Unfortunately Samsung is not listening and has no plans to fix this issue. We are on PAGE 30 of this thread and fact is this same issue is posted on many other threads globally. TEMP SOLUTION is indeed a simple revert to Android 10, UI 2.5.

Specifically for this issue, the Samsung "Mods" are useless and not doing their job. They are not helping to escalate this issue to Senior Ranking Samsung Executives. Samsung Mods are unresponsive. So the last thing we are worried about is if they mark this "solved"......

Again, all you need to do is revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 and you will get both SIM1 + SIM2 buttons back for calls and messages.....simple step by step instructions have been provided.

Options

Hi ALL - Heads up and warning -- DO NOT upgrade to Android 11, UI 3.x !!!! 

If you do, then obviously you will lose having the two separate Dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons for Samsung Messages (SMS) app and Samsung Phone (Calls) app. The update will be your worst mistake and then you will have only  1 button for SIM1/2  which means you will be required to toggle between the dual SIMs. Unfortunately this results  Dual SIM users to expect SECURITY issues, COST issues, and USER EXPERIENCE issues. And don't wait for Samsung to fix this, it has been 2 years and not 1 Samsung employee is listening and the Samsung Community Moderators are not doing their job.  So the 'temp' SOLUTION is to just simply back up your device and revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5.

After that, enjoy and remember to not download the Android 11, UI 3.x software update....just ignore the notification.....I did this 2 years ago and Im still going strong on Android 10, UI 2.5 ....no issues!!!!

Screenshot_20220115-210451_Software update.jpgScreenshot_20220115-210458_Software update.jpg

Options

@DieLyn - as you can see Samsung Moderator @AndrewL  or his Manager are not responding to you or any of us.....they have zero intent do right and fulfill their responsibilities as Samsung Employees and help us ..... 

Dzeno
Explorer
Options

Dear Samsung,

After one year of complaints (just within this chain) has nothing changed. You still believe that this change was a good business decission? So let me tell you just one thing. I work for a company where more as 500 employees are using DUAL SIM functionality on daily basis, so good user experience with DUAL SIM functionality is really crucial! At the beginning of year 2020 they decided to equip 98% of the employees with dual SIM phones from Samsung due to great user experience (me as well).

In the company are the mobile phones refreshed every 2 years and now guess what, the procurement office has ordered new dual SIM phones, but how you already feel, this time was the choice NOT Samsung as manufacturer, but one of your competitors!

Due to wrong decission has Samsung lost users and customer.

With this phone change I'm going to leave this community as for me it makes no more sense to waste here my time.

I wish the other members good luck with their complaints and strong nerves!

Samsung should start to listen to their clients/customers!

Bye

lacrossett
Explorer
Options

@Dzeno could you please advise as to the new dual SIM Android you guys selected and how the experience is? My device is coming to end of life and agree that a) Samsung has rendered it's dual SIM functionality useless and b) that Samsung does not appear they will be fixing it. Seems like this string might be better dedicated now to which Androids to start moving to.

0 Likes
Stix_13
Explorer
Options

Hi All - Has this issue been fixed in Android 12, UI 4.0  -- did Samsung finally bring back two separate buttons for calls dialer and SMS ? 

I'm still on Android 10, UI 2.5 and too scared to upgrade.....

I tried to call Samsung UK Support and they mentioned Samsung Development has no plans to bringing back the two buttons for Calls and SMS.

0 Likes
Stix_13
Explorer
Options

I may have some good news with another really cool app! We need @Gorog@Dzeno@DualSIMNote10Plus@DieLyn or anyone else here on Android 11 or 12 to please help try this 'True Phone Dialer & Contacts & Call Recorder' app and please confirm if the dialer has two separate buttons SIM1 + SIM2 ? Link below

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hb.dialer.free

Below is a screenshot of how it looks like on Android 10, UI 2.5 with 2 separate buttons. Im worried if I upgrade to Android 11/12, then this 'Phone' app will also have same issue with only  1 button that requires to toggle between both SIMs.

Stix_13_0-1644395465312.jpeg

 Once someone here helps confirm no issue with a screenshot as evidence, then I will upgrade to Android 11/12. Im sure this may also help others here since Samsung has no plans to fix this issue.