Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:40 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
TheBell
Journeyman
Options

Just spent ages delicately removing-replacing my two SIM cards thinking that the connection was somehow faulty ... Then I searched and came to this thread. I have a Galaxy A40 and the same STUPID change has occurred ... in messages I can no-longer choose the SIM I want before sending ..... this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE SAMSUNG. Unless reverted in the next few weeks I will abandon Samsung phones!! (What a stupid change!!)

0 Likes
Options

@TheBell -  see my recommended temp solution on page 12 of this thread.....screenshots also very recently posted on page 28

0 Likes
TheBell
Journeyman
Options

Many thanks 'DualSIMNote10Plus', but I have a A40 phone and a A71 phone, so would need to get the sw for those. I am also looking to see if there aren't alternative text apps that support the choice before send.

TheBell
Journeyman
Options

'Very few complaints' .... Maybe, like me, many have only just permitted the Android upgrade, and further, only just come to send a message under the new UI, so only just seen the issue ... The change is TERRIBLE, and nobody could possibly claim it to be an improvement .... See the very funny message from Denzo directly below!!

TheBell
Journeyman
Options

Clearly an expression of incompetence ... There are not as many dual-sim users as single sim users, and of those that are, this forum CLEARLY demonstrates the majority are dissatisfied. Additionally, it is simple for Samsung to place the option in the SIM Card manager for users to select 'Sim1' or 'Sim2' or 'Both', the latter then allowing the phone to behave as it did before. So stop falsely claiming you represent dual sim users.

0 Likes
YokoKu
First Poster
Options

Restore SIM selection as soon as possible on Messages application when sending SMS.  The change caused by the update is hopeless. Samsung developers You can't remove good functions. User wants to quickly select the sim card during sending the message. You should respect the people who buys your products and respect feedback from them. Users are asking for a new update that it fixes.

request_for_change.jpg

Options

@YokoKu and All - 

unfortunately Samsung is not listening to our feedback and the Samsung Community Moderators are useless as they refuse to help escalate this issue to Senior ranking Samsung Executives to prioritize on the quick simple fix to bring back both SIM1+ SIM2 buttons for both Samsung apps calls and sms messages. These incompetant Samsung Moderators are not fulfilling their responsibilities as Samsung employees .... someone needs to spank their bad behavior and ignorance....it is so sad they simply do not understand the issue in UI 3.x has resulted UX issues, security issues, cost issues....

Meanwhile, I recommend all Samsung Dual SIM users a temp solution - forget Android 11, UI 3.x and just roll back to Android 10, UI 2.5. Note I have shared step by step instructions on how to revert back to UI 2.5 on page 12 of this thread

Screenshot_20210306-093635_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-144754_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-144738_Phone.jpg

0 Likes
BigDiesel
Journeyman
Options

Totally agree!!

plus  the SIM swapping back to the default at Random times and only being able to share contacts via the default SIM is ridiculous !!!

BigDiesel
Journeyman
Options

Samsung look at this feedback - this needs to be fixed NOW !!!!

0 Likes
decapeter
First Poster
Options

1 year later still have the problem on A41. Just upgraded to android 11 and i lost the dual sim options... 

Samsung really dont care about user problems. I must now a new phone with a real dual sim system (probably xiaomi coz Samsung sucks now).

Thank you Samsung for this amazing shity upgrade!

0 Likes