Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:40 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
BartekDwornik
First Poster
Options

I guess I found solution. FOR REPLYING. Check if that works for You folks.

1. Tap three dots in right top corner

2. On the right bottom of new div there is a button for sim switch, that you will reply.

Far from ideal and from UX, but looks like partial solution. Still looking how to switch sim to send NEW text from other sim than set up as default 😞

Screenshot_20210420-145210_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-145219_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
Sameer1
Apprentice
Options

👍 agree with you 

0 Likes
Gtp20
Apprentice
Options

I submitted an error report in the Samsung Members app as suggested on the previous page.  Its mind blowing that this functionality has been removed and no one at Samsung tested this before rolling it out.

I purchased a Note 20 Ultra a couple weeks ago, I thought I was upgrading from the Note 9, was I wrong.  This phone has been one headache after another, but by far the biggest is the loss of functionality of the dual sim messaging. Its now down right tedious trying to send messages back and forth using the sim not set as default.

Dear Samsung, like most people I use my phone for work all day; every day.  I don’t need to film 8k videos at the bottom of the ocean, I need my dual sim to work properly!  Please fix

ritaben
Journeyman
Options

This update is really stupid!

I have used that function on messages to select the SIM I want, but sometimes it changes by itself and sends the message from the wrong SIM. It works really bad! What a huge step back.....

Options

@Gtp20 , @ritaben - please see my recommended temporarary solution with colorful instructions on how to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 posted on page 12 of this thread....atleast you will be able to get back noth Dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons for calls and messages!!

Meanwhile, Im daily monitoring many threads around the world that have posted this same issue hoping someone will finally post good news that Samsung has officially fixed this issue in the next update.....but so far Samsung has shown no care and no attention for DATA PRIVACY, SECURITY, COST and USER EXPERIENCE issues!!! At the same time, unfortenately we cannot rely on the useless Samsung Moderators in this Community.....not one Samsung Modertor has shown any value or evidence they are trying to help us.....i have suggested them to help escalate this issue to Samsung Sr. Ranking Excutives.....but all Sumsung Moderators are unresponsive....no respect!!!!

0 Likes
ritaben
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your suggestion. I actually have a Galaxy A71, so it does not correspond to your model.

However, I have just installed the TEXTRA app for messages, and am very satisfied with it. It is easy to manage the SIM in use and if necessary to switch SIMs within the same conversation. It also has a feature I used to use a lot in my previous Huawei, that gives me an option to cancel the message  in the firsts seconds after sending it.

Regarding the calls, I am still pondering what to do.. It really annoys me to click an extra button to choose the SIM on every call. I did set some contacts with a default SIM, for the ones I contact most frequently, but lets be honest, I will not do it for ALL my contacts... 

I do not like to install third party apps for calls and messages, but this Textra app seems pretty good for my use, maybe I will consider doing the same with the calls.

Shame on Samsung...

Options

@ritaben - WOW Textra is AMAZING !!!! Thanks to you, I just started using it and so far it is far superior than Samsung's Message app. I use Dark Mode theme so the only settings required to change is Bubble background color for sent messages from white to any other color that works (as default Bubble is white text on white background)...i used green, see below

Screenshot_20210424-060709_Textra.jpg

For calls, the temporary solution I recoomend for you is in SIM card Manager settings, use "Always Ask".....you will notice this method is slow and weak user experience but does the purpose for now.....

Samsung is such disappointment and so sad that all the Samsung Moderators are hidding from all of us.

0 Likes
Gtp20
Apprentice
Options

For anyone following this thread and dealing with this issue, I read an article yesterday about Google Messages rolling out a new One UI-like design on Galaxy S21.  I guess the plan is for Google Messages to be the default messaging app on new Galaxy devices, replacing Samsung Messages.

I grabbed it from the Play Store to see what it was like and just like Textra mentioned in the last couple posts, it has the button to switch sims right next to the text box.

I didn’t have much of an opportunity to use the app yesterday, but it looks good and I think it will be a good solution to this issue (for me anyway)… fingers crossed!

Andrew B
Explorer
Options

Totally fed up with Samsung app so I downloaded Google Messages over the weekend. It's better, but that's not a hard achievement. Still not the set-up we had with two buttons, and it's a little hard to see Sim numbers when in dark mode, but prefer this over Samsung app. 

0 Likes
Options

@Andrew B , @Gtp20 - 

IF you want two buttons, THEN simply  revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 !!!

Alternatively, use TEXTRA .....perfect for Dark Mode.....and much better than Google Messages  !!!

0 Likes