Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 28-01-2023 02:45 AM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
DieLyn
Journeyman
Options

@Androidking 

Thats good news!

I don't see this on my side though.

What device was this on? And what software version were you running?

0 Likes
Androidking
Explorer
Options

I'm on Note 10+ Dual SIM

Screenshot_20220714-171525_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Dimour
First Poster
Options

Dear,

Press and hold the "green button" with phone for SIM 1 and a drop down menue opens with choices SIM 1 and SIM 2 and you choose on the spot which SIM to call from.

Of course initially it was less by one step as two "green buttons" were there one for SIM 1 and one for SIM 2.

0 Likes
DieLyn
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I don't have the dual buttons on my S22. (I am on the August software update)

I actually forgot that this problem started when I was on my S10e, and now have a new phone even. 😂

0 Likes
Obi Wan
First Poster
Options

Hello

Hello

Just updated my A71 software. I can now switch between SIM 1 and SIM 2 to send my SMS. Unlike before, however, wherein SIM 1 and SIM 2 are on display, this time around, you need to long press the default SIM to toggle to your other SIM. The names of the network providers are also indicated.

The same can not be said for making calls.

Has anyone noticed this recent change?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Obi Wan
First Poster
Options

Hello Everyone,

Just updated the software on my A71. I can now choose between SIM 1 and SIM2 to send my SMS. Unlike before, however, wherein SIM 1 and SIM 2 are displayed on the right-hand portion, now you have to do a long press on the default SIM to toggle to the other SIM.

So I guess this is now the new solution to this long-standing issue by users like me.

For calls, however, I don't thing the same can be said.

Cheers and Happy Holidays everyone!

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

Agreed.   This is one of the best features of samsung dual sim.   My wife has a dusl sim iphone and admits samsung dual sim for calls and messages is awesome.    Samsung please fix this back the way it was!!!

0 Likes
Farhanelahi
First Poster
Options

This issue is still not resolved. I am using Galaxy A31 from the last 2 years and today I got an update for my phone and still those two separate dialer buttons still missing. 

0 Likes
FraneF
First Poster
Options

Yeah it was best thing now they degrade all phones with pop-up window. I was using A02 and with 2gb of ram i had to wait 6sec to window pop up before i call so i buy S20FE with android 10 on phone and again i have them visible on screen all time and disable update 

0 Likes
Lilian c
First Poster
Options

I used have the two signs at the bottom  'marked sim 1 and some when calling.  But it's no longer  seen.

0 Likes