Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 09:42 AM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Stix_13
Explorer
Options

hello Samsung Moderators @TessM , @AntS -

any update? When can we expect this issue to be fixed in Android 12, UI 4.0 ? We ALL would like to have two separate buttons SIM1 + SIM2 for both Samsung Phone (Calls Dialer) app and Samsung Messages (SMS) app.

Stix_13
Explorer
Options

Moderators @TessM , @AntS -

When can we expect a response from you ? Everone is waiting.....

Can you help escalate this issue to Sr Ranking Samsung Executives and provide us an update ?

BigDiesel
Journeyman
Options

It appears that the last update has locked the contact to the SIM you allocated them to and no longer swaps around now..

Androidking
Explorer
Options

since Android 10, UI 3.x and Android 11, 4.0 only have one button for SIM1 and SiM2, quick question - is it safe to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 ? Looks like that might be the only option to have two separate buttons SIM1 and SIM2 for Samsung Messages (SMS) app and Samsung Phone (Calls) app, right ?

0 Likes
Munchies
Student
Options

I can not believe this hasn't been addressed yet.

It frustrated me so much that i now use a second phone, making the dual sim feature of this phone completely redundant for me. Its been months since this has been reported.

I am sick of it and now listing my phone on ebay and going with a different brand.

Bye samsung.

0 Likes
Munchies
Student
Options

I now have a nice new dual sim that actually works the way it should with options to choose which sim  before calls and texts like the old samsung days. Yes, it was enough to make me jump ship. Accidentally texting people from the wrong SIM without any indicator is a huge downfall.

The cost of the competitor phone i got cost the same as a s10+ screen replacement lol.

0 Likes
Androidking
Explorer
Options

@Munchies- what dual sim phone did you get ? Appreciate you could please help share brand and model....

0 Likes
Princess Lapuz
Student
Options

Same problem with my s22ultra. I got both private and business sims in the same phone. Now im wondering if my patients got my personal number coz  i have no option to choose which sim to use. This is one Major Problem that samsung needs to fix!!! Where can we file our complaint? 

0 Likes
Androidking
Explorer
Options

@Princess Lapuz  - actually, for Android 11, UI 3.x or Android 12, UI 4.x, when dialing calls or sending SMS, we do have the option to choose SIM1 or SIM2, however unfortunately now there is 2-3 step process to toggle the ONE SIM1/2 button (either you can hold it down to switch or use the 3 dot menu option to switch)

Obviously most of us prefer the old method in Android 10, UI 2.5 where we had TWO separate buttons for SIM1 and SIM2.

It does not appear Samsung has any plans to fix this issue....since its been about 2 years.

I personally just decided to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 and no issues and I get to have TWO separate SIM1 and SIM2 buttons for making calls or sending SMS.

0 Likes
Princess Lapuz
Student
Options

Thanks. Im now using google messages and textra. Works fine with the latet Android update.

0 Likes