Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 12-07-2021 03:02 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Options

@Andrew B - if ppl care to read this thread before posting they would actually help themselves, not confuse others especially new ppl coming in and avoid getting called out.....if you are in Europe, it would be more helpful if you would use the same energy and the time you invested to wrote to me to instead write to the Samsung Senior Ranking Executives??!!! I do not live in Europe but my dual sim note 10+ device is imported from Europe so that is why I'm activley monitoring this thread and relying on locals to take some action against Samsung. Clearly you are not understanding when I promote to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 , well it simply helps provide everyone a temp solution, and it also encourages Samsung to fix the dual sim issues on Android 11, UI 3.x......if you are leaving Samsung, I do not blame you, go get yourself an iPhone....

Options

@TessM - we are still waiting for you to help escalate this issue to Samsung Senior Management!!! What is taking you so long ? !!!!

0 Likes
threeseas
First Poster
Options

So, how do I do that?

0 Likes
Options

@threeseas - how do you do what ? Be specific!

ritaben
Journeyman
Options

Hello all,

After more than two months since my first post in this thread, I have sent an email to Samsung support. They say they will reply in 2 working days so, on Wednesday I may have something new about this.

I have sent a message regarding this issue through their online form for contact (option Send us an email), in this case, in the Portugal page of Samsung, which is where I am and where purchased my Galaxy A71.

I have been following the latest responses to this thread, including the very insuficient replies from Tessa M. (to say the least, if I'd say what I really want to say, she probably would edit my post without any relevant contribution to our problem), but honestly I am not sure if anyone here has contacted the support directly through this form I mentioned above. 

If other users reading this haven't contacted them, please DO. Let's all join together in reporting these problems, and hopefully they will solve them..

rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Now that's constructive, thanks @ritaben! I'll email them now. 

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Here's what I wrote and thanks to @Gorog whose OP I adapted. Feel free to copy and paste this into your own contact email.

Before updating to Android 11, I always had a choice of choosing which SIM card I wanted to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls, I get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Despite a thread about this being started on Samsung Community in January (that's right, over 6 months ago!), numerous others having the same issue and a Samsung staff member (who sounds like a bot) allegedly having referred this to Samsung, nothing has changed.

Questions:
1. Why was this change made?
2. How do I get this functionality back?
3. What is the point of Samsung Community and the so-called Moderators if no help or even answers to basic questions are forthcoming?

Options

Thank you @rosco331 and @Gorog - we need as many folks here that live in Europe tools  help and do the same....

I personally would have daily but I'm in Canada so unable to use the Samsung Members app (since it connects to Canada Samsung Community only) ....so all I can do is just post here 

@TessM - you activity here needs to be more active! Very irresponsible and unprofessional of you to stay silent and not help....disgusting!

0 Likes
Pitrsan
First Poster
Options

I thing generally Samsung suffers from trend of incompetent people taking salary while not doing their job properly.

When it comes to dumb solutions as the opositev of smart solutions, its exactly how I would describe Samsung relations to their users when it comes to software.

Few examples:

Two factor autentification - Samsung shows code while singing in but it lack functionality to copy it into clipboard. You need to reber 6 digits and it usually require rwo switching between apps to rewrite it. How Smart would be to have copy buton in samsung app. Nope..

Copy of screen - all androids uses volume down+power button shortcut to take screenshot. Not samsung. Only way is use google voice (which i do not use) and it fails afterwards. How smart would be to use same key combination for Samsung. No, samsung Fails here again

- dual SIM its evergreen that samsung re-do functionality which is already in phone and breaks it. Easy ual sim sms support? Not for Samsung, you need to install  3rd party app - like awesome Chomp SMS

- bloatware with new phone it comes huge package of preinstalled bliatware which almist nobody uses. It brings bunch of security holes. Instead of minimal sw package, Samsung choose different way to bring you lot of apps you never use with many security holes.

I do programming, user ergonomics and security analysis for living and my reccomandation is to fire people who make those decission and hire somebody with alalytical, critical and constructive mind, greather IQ 100.

Sorry for being so critic but its how I feel about Samsung SW as Samsung customer.

Options

@Pitrsan - no need for you to apologize.....you are right about Samsung Product Management, they are indeed stupid, useless and not helpful.

Btw, screenshot shortcut power button +  volume down button works....atleast it does for me on my Dual SiM Note 10+ (and remember I reverted back to Android 10, UI 2.5 because these stupid, useless not helpful Samsung have messed up Android 11, 3.x for all Dual SIM devices

Where is @TessM hiding ? What is taking her so long? 

0 Likes