Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 10:09 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Options

@TessM- The comments from Samsung R&D Team you share is completely UNACCEPTABLE !!! Clearly you did not read or understand any of our feedback on this thread ?!! 

As the "Moderator" of this community it is your responsibility to READ  and UNDERSTAND all the comments posted here. So PLEASE READ AGAIN!!

IF you really are a Samsung employee so you say , then leverage your Manager's network and simply help escalate this issue to Samsung Senior Ranking Executives ?

0 Likes
Options

@TessM- When can we expect a response to below ?

@TessM- The comments from Samsung R&D Team you share is completely UNACCEPTABLE !!! Clearly you did not read or understand any of our feedback on this thread ?!! 

As the "Moderator" of this community it is your responsibility to READ  and UNDERSTAND all the comments posted here. So PLEASE READ AGAIN!!

IF you really are a Samsung employee so you say , then leverage your Manager's network and simply help escalate this issue to Samsung Senior Ranking Executives ?

0 Likes
DieLyn
Journeyman
Options

Yes, fully agree with the above comments.

After updating, there is actually a *loss* in functionality which should never be the case. 

The loss in functionality from a usability perspective actually takes *away* from the software experience and decreases the value of the product.

0 Likes
Uite
First Poster
Options

Hello,

This has been fixed, I think.
I use a S20+ 5G and before patch of 1st of June I didn't had the option.

Now, I can select what SIM card I want to use:
https://ibb.co/j88sVS8 - the problem still persists for me, because if I receive an SMS on SIM1 I am not able to respond from SIM2, I have to delete everything and create a whole new message.

Why can't this be brought back, I wonder? Just let me do it like I used to. 

0 Likes
Options

@Uite - what do you mean this has been fixed? Please help show us screen shot of Samsung Phone app with both SIM1 and SIM2 buttons.

Looking at your screenshot for Messages, the issue is not fixed! That button allows you to toggle between SIM1 and SIM2 ...and we already know about this issue....

You giving us FALSE hope when you say "this issue has been fixed..." clearly it has NOT been fixed and Samsung Moderators are refusing to help us escalate this issue to Samsung Senior Ranking Executives !!!

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Easy tiger. I think everyone is just trying to help by sharing their experiences. 

0 Likes
Options

@rosco331 - Clearly @Uite  and unfortunately many others are not reading before posting false hope. This is not helpful.  

0 Likes
Obi Wan
First Poster
Options

No. It doesn't resolve the issue. You have to do that process every time if you want to send an sms from either of the SIM card. Cumbersome. Before 2 SIM numbers appear and you can easily select which one you want to use to send the message.

0 Likes
Options

@Obi Wan - just revert back to Android 10, UI2.5....problem solved :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Andrew B
Explorer
Options

@DualSIMNote10Plus I've come to despise this forum, partly because it's proven fruitless in convincing Samsung to change this functionality back, and partly because of the way you interact with it.

You will aggressively respond to anyone who claims to have figured this out with OVER-EMPHASISED words and a short tone. You will quickly shut them down and tell them to "remove their comment because it is NOT helpful" in getting this changed with Samsung. Do you think you replying to everyone to revert to a previous version helps? You think you're getting us closer to all those high ranking executives you're after? 

I'm going to leave this forum. Reading this nonsense is not worth the fix. Samsung have let me down and I'll be buying something else soon. No point sitting through these schoolyard exchanges anymore.

✌🏼