Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 01:09 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Options

@TessM - when can we expect this to be fixed ? 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi all,

sorry to hear that you all feel disappointed. I have now passed this on to the relevant team who will have a look at it. As soon as I have an answer I will let you know.

0 Likes
waqar12
First Poster
Options

Since 14-6-2021, i installed the latest update, i lost availability to my 2nd sim's features. Can't call with 2nd sim nor messages. Fix it plz

0 Likes
Options

@TessM - what "relevant team" are you referring to? Please do not dodge my  question. The simple request is for you to help escalate this major issue to Samsung Senior Ranking/ C-Level Executives, so we get immediate results. We have made it so easy for you as I have listed the key points with 2 screenshots (summary of 20 pages of frustration).

It has been 6+ months and the last thing we want to hear (again) from you is excuses or invaluable feedback Samsung Support Team with no confirmation this issue is planned to be immediately fixed.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

This has been passed to our Research and Development team and they are now reviewing this @DualSIMNote10Plus 

0 Likes
Options

@TessM - that is very lazy of you and clearly you have not reviewed everything like you said you did....

Passing the request to Samsung R&D Team will NOT help .....it has already been done a few times on this thread as well as other Samsung Community threads re: same issue and their response is indirect rejection and excuses.

Please stop dodging this very urgent and very important request and HELP ESCALATE this to Samsung SENIOR RANKING / C-Level EXECUTIVES!!! You are a Samsung employee so you have access to write to them, call them, go have a meeting with them....do whatever it takes to help immediately get in front of them and get this major issue fixed. We do not want any more excuses.

If I was a Samsung Moderator / Samsung employee, I would have helped escalate this to Samsung CEO, CIO, CMO, CFO months ago!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi all,

the Research and Development Team has now responded to this and they have stated that currently when you try to send a text message for the first time,  you can find the SIM change button.

They have also added that the SIM card can be changed in the menu which is located in 'More Options' in a Conversation View.

0 Likes
Dzeno
Explorer
Options

Hi @TessM,

Now it is clear that the developers doesn't see the issue.

Let's do that this way, tell them that they should test and compare usability of both solutions. Writing SMS, make a Call and connect the phone to Auto Android or other handsfree option in a car and make a call without touching the phone. Imagine that you have more than 900 contacts in your phone (personal and business related).

Then based on the usage experience they should choose which release is the better one.

Because the answer above is just a joke and if not, then there is no way how can me Samsung convince to buy another product in the future.

Really do a simple test and COMPARE the solutions! Then you will see about what we are complaining and discussing all the time..........

Andrew B
Explorer
Options

Hey @TessM 

We don't need an explanation of how the new functionality works. We need you to convey that even when fully utilised, the new functionality is fundamentally flawed and, as power users of the dual Sim functionality, we are asking that Samsung revert to previous (superior) functionality.

This new functionality means you are forced to select a Sim when at message creation, but that sim choice will constantly change on its own, without warning. 

This new functionality also removes android auto calling unless you have set a default Sim for the contact.

The new functionality means selecting defaults for hundreds or thousands of existing contacts, as well as every new contact you create. 

This new functionality means contacts with multiple numbers are forced to have a single default Sim, when in fact you may want to use different Sims for different numbers within the same contact.

This new functionality has resulted in most (if not all) of us inadvertently providing our private details to business customers/associates, or vice verser. It has led me to have customers call me when I'm not working, and share my private number with other customers. 

Please escalate this properly @TessM . We've waited long enough for action. Next step is leaving Samsung. Not just me, many of us. The functionality might not be better anywhere else, but at least corporate care and consideration for customer feedback will be. 

Lizzymac
Student
Options

@TessM, if that is the response from the R & D team,  then either they have not done appropriate testing or Samsung don't care about user experience for dual sim phone users.

I completely agree with and echo the statements made by @AndrewB.

To me, it appears that Samsung is trying to push its users into using other apps/models so that it doesn't have to invest resources into updates for dual sim models. I'm not sure what else could account for apparent lack of testing for the change in functionality and disregard for customer sentiment & feedback.