Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 14-06-2021 12:59 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Sameer1
Apprentice
Options

Me too

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Yep, wondering how you roll back to the previous version. 

0 Likes
Sagar1525
First Poster
Options

Go to desired sms... click on 3 dots on upper right corner and sim 1 or 2 option should be there... see the red area in my attached photo20210605_104019.jpg

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

I have since reverted back to the original Messages app because the above alternative (Simple SMS Messenger) does NOT notify you when the SMS gets converted to an MMS. Sadly, I have to pay actual money for MMS so have incurred some extra charges as a result.

So back to square one. Come on Samsung, give us back the functionality of the old app!

[crickets...]

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

It's not specifically related to this topic but the problem has only occurred since I've been posting here. I am no longer able to post to Samsung Community on my phone (A51 using Samsung Internet or Firefox) so I'm using the 'puter.

I can log in to my Samsung account on my phone but when I try to return to this thread, I get the error:

An Unexpected Error has occurred. Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 7003B58D.

Anyone else had this experience?

0 Likes
Options

@rosco331- When I try to reply on my Note10+, I'm also getting the same error message with Exception ID: 7003B58D .....not sure what the heck Samsung did .....so the only way to reply to this thread is via computer browser.....

regarding the core issue....Samsung Moderators are not helpful and unresponsive.....so again, (I think I have suggested this multiple times), the only only solution or temp solution is to just revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5.....if you are looking for instructions on how to do it.....I have posted colorful detailed instructions on page 12 of this thread...here's the direct link

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note10-series/lost-dual-sim-choice-in-calls-and-messages-...

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Cheers mate, I'll have a squiz.

0 Likes
marcym
First Poster
Options

This functionality is available through another app : "Dual Sim Dialer and Widget" from Nabin Bhandari, available on App Store.

0 Likes
Arshadi
Student
Options

I do not understand the level of stupidity required to take this decision. I use 2 sims for a reason for my business, because 2 sims mean i receive calls and messages from 2 different providers and as such used dual sim messaging selection to reply to them from the number of my choice. I had to just create an account to come tell you how dumb this is. Do you even realize how you sound when you say "this is how this function operates on the new version". Who the hell asked you to change this thinking that going 1000000 times in a day in settings - connection - sim card manage would be good???

rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Ok Arshadi, clearly you're upset about this. All of us here are frustrated at the apparent thoughtlessness of this change. It's completely valid to express your opinion but I think we need to be respectful and your post doesn't seem respectful to me. Also, the use of the word "retarded" in a pejorative way has not been acceptable for a long time and I would thank you to avoid using it here.

There have been a number of alternatives suggested. Perhaps one of them might be useful.