Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 13-05-2021 06:24 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Andrew B
Explorer
Options

THANKS friend !!!

0 Likes
PaulB21
First Poster
Options

Same thing has happened to me after an update last week. Very irritating, as it was simple before. I take it that Samsung have no intention of making any changes as this has been an issue for so long?

0 Likes
Miffed
First Poster
Options
I stupidly did this update today (13/5/2021) without seeing these posts and also lost the dual sim ability. Noting the time lapse on these posts some five months now it doesn't look as if Samsung are listening. Time to buy a different handset by the looks of it. Not Samsung for sure. Very dissapointed as I've only had this a montor two !!
0 Likes
Options

@Miffed - all you need to do is revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5.......i have provided detailed colorful instuctions on this thread,  you cannot miss if...i believe you can find between page 11-13

0 Likes
IsoGFX
Apprentice
Options

UI 3.0 is bad update remove dual sim buttons 😞

Options

@IsoGFX - temp solution is to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5

Given that is has been over 6 months....it does NOT appear that Samsung has plans to fix this issue....

0 Likes
Suk86
Journeyman
Options

Guys, i have received a new update on my Galaxy A70 and there is new button when you want to make a new call... so this is solved in my eyes. Anyway, SMS are untouched... 

0 Likes
Options

@Suk86 - can you please show us screen shots ? We would like to see evidence of why you think this is solved for calls....

Thats very bad news to know SMS is untouched 😞

0 Likes
Suk86
Journeyman
Options

Well, then I am very sorry I was happy in advance... you can switch the SIM Card when you dial some number by keyboard... there is no change in contacts 😞

0 Likes
Options

@Suk86 - thats terrible....we already know about that stupid button to switch....that is a terrible work around.....

you gave us FALSE hope!!! 😭😭😭

0 Likes