Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 02:10 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Suk86
Journeyman
Options

Hello, i would also join your queue. Updated just yestarday on Galaxy A70 to Android 11 OneUI3 and also lost possibility to select SIM card for calls and messages... But i've been waiting almost half a year for correction of issues with logging into webex teams after some update in the past... so i hope the samsung can bring some solution much faster this time... sorry to those who waiting for correction from January... Live long and prosper...

0 Likes
Options

0 Likes
Dana Pimenta
Apprentice
Options

Options

Thank you @Dana Pimenta !

Members_UISiKk0
Apprentice
Options

In the sim card manager I have the option to always ask which sim to use for calls, I'm not happy about not having this choice for SMS tho.

Andrew B
Explorer
Options

I thought this as well. While nothing is as good as the way it was, if they could allow 'ask every time' for SMS it would at least save me sending messages to work people from my personal number... I also noticed Android Auto now asks which Sim you'd like to use instead of doing nothing (I have calls set to ask every time). That is an enhancement in subsequent releases - so who asked for that and why did they listen to them and not us!? They're trying to make these cr@p changes slightly better when they could just revert to perfection...

I just don't understand why we're searching for acceptable alternatives when the functionality that was there was perfect!! It's as if Samsung have decided to copy the way apple and everyone else do it, when this was their advantage over those guys. 

The developers didn't want to let common sense get in the way of following the crowd...

0 Likes
Members_UISiKk0
Apprentice
Options

I'm not pushing an app or anything but I remembered Textra which I paid for a year or so ago, it picked up my normal sim and I added my esim number and  I annoyed my eldest trying it from both accounts, guess what it works !!

0 Likes
Andrew B
Explorer
Options

@Members_UISiKk0 Textra might support dual Sim but the way you select which sim to use is critical. Does it work like Samsung app used to, with a button for each Sim?? 

I maintain that we should not be forced to find alternatives (certainly not pay for them) when it's clear dual Sim users know the best outcome and Samsung can revert..

Members_UISiKk0
Apprentice
Options

In the app where you compose your text there is a 1 or 2 by the microphone, you tap on it to change the sim you are sending from.

0 Likes
ThomasJ
Explorer
Options
The new implementation of switching between sims is ***** compared to the old way.