Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 09:05 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
ElfStone
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I really don't want this this to escalate into an argument, but I doubt that @AntS  didn't do anything about it. You don't know that and neither do I, but I can assure you the right people are aware of the situation.

It can be frustrating, I know, but there is no reason to get frustrated over this. It is Monday and we got a lot of other things we can get frustrated about already 🙄

Anyway, have a great week ahead and I hope your complaints get solved the way you expect! 🙂

0 Likes
Options

@ElfStone - I think you are very confused and no one is arguing.....what difference does it make if it is Monday or Friday?!!! So please stop throwing points that are irrelevant.....we have been dealing with this frustrating issue for months!!! If it does not impact you or you dont care then just keep quiet!!! Your side comments and jokes have no value here!

We expect @AntS , @AndrewL , @TessM and any other Samsung Moderator to do their duty as Samsung employees  and escalate this issue to Samsung Senior Executives  immediantly!!! So far they have not done anything, so stop kissing up to @AntS !!!!

Options

ATTN Samsung Moderators:

@AntS , @AndrewL ,  @TessM -  We are waiting for you to please help escalate this issue to Samsung C-Level Executives. When can we expect you to update us with an action plan?? Each day is critical and exposing PRIVACY, SECURITY, SAFETY, COST & USER EXPERIENCE issues!!!!

Jke123
Explorer
Options

The more I read some of the "moderator" comments, the more I think this is a really bad joke (or April Fool come early).

@AntS  - Did I really read this?
"They’ve replied that they changed it to the current concept in response to user demand, but that they’re continuing to monitor that situation."

I am scratching my head trying to work out ONE positive with this change....
Who requested this?
There must be records of the number of "Good Folk" who thought that the loss of functionality would be a wonderful idea...............
I believe you will find that story to be a BIG FAT LIE!

When ANY update is released, there are release notes which show what "features" have been added to the release. Or maybe we all missed that one?

This "enhancement" (I laughed as I typed the word) has not only compromised functionality, causes privacy & safety issues, can cause unnecessary expense (depending on the call / data plan of each SIM), Android Auto no longer handles calls (the PRIMARY function of a phone) BUT apparently, it was made due to user demand??? Please pull the other one.

At best, this was an oversight; the worst case is that there is no quality control within Samsung. Simple regression testing would have shown the loss in core functionality (like Android Auto) which is a basic function of ANDROID devices (clue is in the name). 

I would really like someone to show me where in the release notes, it highlights this (functional change) as part of the enhancements to the UI; it is just not there (believe me I have checked).

The level of dissatisfaction with this update (in multiple countries)  is staggering and yet users requested this!!!!

I have just about given up on this one and have purchased an interim phone; I CAN NOT run the risk of mixing my work and personal communications as the tax implications (for me) could be dire.

This issue makes me more and more angry as each day progresses.

I now have to carry multiple handsets as I (stupidly) used an e-SIM on my device and that is not portable; which means that until I find a stable alternative, I still have to carry my S21 Ultra (handset of shame). I have the Samsung Flagship Mobile device and it is no more than a portable MP3 player???

The 1st of April is only a couple of days away and then we will all probably wake up from this (not so funny) dream....

lacrossett
Explorer
Options

This isn't so much about struggling with updates/changes (I do know what you mean in this regard though) - this is about lost functionality, so let's not gloss this over for Samsung. There are many lost functions but not being able to be hands free in a car in 2021 should alone be enough for this issue to be addressed.

0 Likes
Options

ATTN Samsung Moderators:

Resending with HIGH IMPORTANCE!!!

@AntS , @AndrewL ,  @TessM -  We are waiting for you to please help escalate this issue to Samsung C-Level Executives. When can we expect you to update us with an action plan?? Each day is critical and exposing PRIVACY, SECURITY, SAFETY, COST & USER EXPERIENCE issues!!!!

Dzeno
Explorer
Options

It's a joke. Today a got next update, but again withou fixing the main issue with dual sim.

My patience is at the end! I'm not going to pay for next Samsung flagship or another Samsung device.

I will prefer some of the manufacturers which are really listening to the customers and their needs!!!

lacrossett
Explorer
Options

Since Samsung doesn't seem to be paying attention to their customers' problems, perhaps they will pay attention to competition threads. Does anyone who has already switched have any recommendations for another  dual SIM phone they like (besides the iPhone which would kill me to do, but I will if I have to)?

Andrew B
Explorer
Options

The perfect pivot - my phone is now unusable so I'm not going to keep trying to convince a brand that doesn't care. So what brand works properly with dual Sim?? Who knows of another phone that does this well so I can purchase..

Options

Alternative Dual SIM devices:

1) GPixle, 2) Huwaei or 3) HATE to say it, iPhone...

Btw, while we wait for Samsung to eventually fix Dual SIM issues for UI 3.0....you all have the option to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5.....thats what I did, see attached pics

Screenshot_20210306-144738_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-144754_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-093635_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-093650_Settings.jpg

0 Likes