Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 08:01 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Beccab
First Poster
Options

Same having issues can no longer easily flit between my work and home numbers, so set to always ask so now can't make in car calls. Set the messages to my work sim and yet it still replied from my home sim to 2 people which I am not impressed by. Please put back as no longer functioning efficiently! 

0 Likes
Proffa
Journeyman
Options

I just realized there might a significant lever we can use to demand a fix. This behaviour of missing SIM selection is actually resulting in a violation against BOTH privacy and security. For example exposing sensitive info as private phone number to customers which should only know your work number. I can think of several jobs where that would be a really, really bad thing.

Trying to ask support now where I can leave a report about those violations.

lacrossett
Explorer
Options

It can also drive unnecessary costs. My SIMs are international and have different fee structures. This is not just a convenience issue as you say. So how do we get their attention on the privacy, security and cost issues?

Options

@Proffa and @lacrossett - i agree with both you 1000%. I use my Dual SIM1 (Rogers network) for Work and Dual SIM2 (Bell network). Im in Canada and while my international Dual SIM Note 10+ will work with our network providers (Rogers / Bell), there is nothing they can do....and sadly Samsung Canada and Samsung US does not support Dual SIM devices. If they did, then this lever of privacy and security issue would get immediate attention and very quickly resolved. Im assuming you guys are in another Country and we need to get the attention of Samsung Europe, Asia and maybe other Geos. 

Proffa
Journeyman
Options

I reached out for support and got info which I think is also good to share here:

"Send feedback or an error report directly to our developers through Samsung Members app. You may download it from Galaxy Apps if it’s not pre-installed on your phone. This way, our software team would be able to investigate and advise on your concern as sending your report this way would also send diagnostic data of the phone.

1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and Tap Error reports
2. Tap OK on agreement popup for sending system log data
3. Select Symptom category
4. Describe problem in detail and SEND."

Agent also told she would pass it on next step since I told that this issue is worldwide as far as I know and pointed to this topic as an example. Btw, top class chat support I'd say and I have quite a bit of experience of those :smiling-face: 

Dzeno
Explorer
Options

I tried to use this kind of option. Hopefully this will help to bring this topic into the front. As reference I provided this page.

0 Likes
Jke123
Explorer
Options
This is really getting frustrating and the (so called) "work arounds" are getting even more irritating...
Don't you moderators get it? Not only has there been a change, there has been a loss in functionality.

I do not think that you "moderators" are actually listening or even trying to understand the issue before posting (totally useless) comments.
I am really starting to get very frustrated with some of the comments (from moderators).
You should pause for thought when users are asking that you delete your replies...

@TessM
To use your own words, the function DOES NOT OPERATE in the new version, it just DOES NOT WORK.
Android Auto is no longer able to make calls - it just DOES NOT WORK.
IF you change the SIM being used to send a text message, the entire message is deleted - it just DOES NOT WORK

Does anyone see a pattern appearing?

These losses in core functionality now negate any benefits of having a dual SIM phone.

I have tested this on other Dual SIM Android phones and (surprise surprise), their UI's work.
For crying out loud, even Apple has sensible Dual SIM operations

This is a slap in the face (and at well over £1000 (GB), it is a very painful slap).

This is being reported Globally.
I guess Samsung is just not listening.

Whether or not this is rectified in the future, I will be voting with my wallet and Samsung is not going to be the beneficiary.
Dzeno
Explorer
Options

@Proffa I just followed your guidance to open complaint via Samsung Member app and at least the service agent is forwarding my message towards developers.

Maybe it would be helpful when everyone in this chain will do the same.

I'm giving them 1-2months for fix,if they don't do that, I will change the mobile manufacturer!!!

It's driving me crazy too long.

Galaxy note
Apprentice
Options

Hello I had the same issue after the 3.0 update. I realized though that to tap the sim icon changed the sim to the other unlike the option previously where they were both visible and you chose one or the other. I much preferred the older version. I have distinct colours for each of my sims so I know am aware of the one I will be using. Samsung needs to just keep it simple or let users know when they make these changes. 

0 Likes
Options

When will SAMSUNG fix this issue?

Seems like none of the feedback here is getting Samsung's attention. Also, calling Samsung Support to report this issue just gets you an apology and no help to escalate.

If Samsung does not fix this issue, then many loyal Samsung Customers will have no choice but to  switch their Samsung DUAL SIM device to Google Pixle, Huawei, or hate to say iPhone!

Meanwhile here is the TEMP SOLUTION:

- use ODIN software to flash authentic Sansung files and revert back to Android 10, Samsung UI 2.5

Worked for me on my DUAL SIM NOTE 10+

Screenshot_20210306-144738_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-144754_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-093635_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-093650_Settings.jpg

0 Likes