Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 08:42 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Dj7000
Journeyman
Options
I was explaining how the new system work only to help people how to use it ... but I didn't like the update and I complained about it too. let's make it clear here..
0 Likes
Options

@Dj7000 - you are truly confused.....i did NOT order you...it was a respectful REQUEST. The candle was lit the day this thread started and many other threads like this with same topic. Everyone is complaing about this issue....you say you are but then standing up for Samsung claiming to be "fair"....sorry, but fact is you are NOT HELPING and actually blowing the lit candle out and trying to encourage others on the whack "workaround".

I said PLEASE, NO OFFENSE and PEACE....yet you think I'm not being respectful and ordering you around.....

i did not report your post as "appropriate"...there is no such thing....but yes I did report your post as INAPPROPRIATE!

perhaps you should re-read my initial reply to you and consider deleting your post. 

0 Likes
Dj7000
Journeyman
Options
first , you said delete my post and you said you reported my post as an appropriate. (who give you this right )?
second, Samsung did not delete the function of dual sim , they just re arrange it in different way .
third , yes I complained about the update on 25th February on this post . you can check it .
fourth , I came to this zone to find a solution for dual sim , but I found just people complaining instead of trying to understand the new software and help other people ....
* and I repeat again, I am against the new update and complicating the dual sim feature .
0 Likes
navio
Explorer
Options

I use a M31s, the SMS app is destroyed, it is useless for the users with 2 Sims.

It is very annoying change in settings which sin use for sms.

Please back as it was.

0 Likes
DarwinsFish
Apprentice
Options

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-11 at 12.54.35 (1).jpeg

0 Likes
Dzeno
Explorer
Options

@DarwinsFish I believe that all in this chain already know how it works. The problem is that it has destroyed DUAL SIM functionality. The way, how it was working prio to the update is that, what we are trying to achieve

Simply revert the functionality prio to the update.

desakota
First Poster
Options

I use Chomp for messaging and its dual SIM feature works around this, still allowing easy choice of SIM at time of creating/sending message, despite the change from Samsung.

0 Likes
Proffa
Journeyman
Options

I actually got into a little trouble because of this ridiculous decision to remove sim selection for each SMS, especially since phone changes what number it uses to send those without telling it before sending. I have a company phone and private + work SIM. I have made an arrangement that I use only my private SIM for my own matters and use work SMS only for work, I want to keep those parts of my life as separate as possible. Also it means I don't have a taxed phone benefit in my country then, it only applies when using work SIM also for private matters. 

So now the phone has sent several private messages from my work sim -> It actually became taxed benefit for this year, cannot be undone. And some people from my work know my private number now since it happened other way too. So this change actually destroyed my privacy at some level, wondering how serious that could be labeled.

Just because of this idiotic change... Now I changed default SMS app to Signal even though not sure yet is it so much better in that case but there are other alternatives too and not going back to default app until this is fixed.

Can only guess how much trouble this must cause to AA users. Also, my first and certainly the last  Samsung phone if this feature isn't changed to previous/similar behaviour it used to have. Too bad, I actually like my S10 but privacy weighs more to me than anything else.

MingSi
Apprentice
Options

Zero replies from them or did I miss any? 

Seems like there is no interest to even try 

Options

@Proffa - i agree with you 1000% and in the same situation as I use my SIM1 for work and SIM2 for personal. 

@MingSi - unfortunatley no reply from any Samsung Moderator on this issue.  I reverted back to Android 10, UI 2.5 to get both my SIM1 + SIM2 buttons back for calls and messages.....

So for now, i have paused the software update download and refuse to go back to Android 11 UI 3.0......Meanwhile i am forced to monitor all the similar threads posting this same issue in all the other Samsung Communities worldwide hoping for Samsung Moderator or someone to announce this issue has been fixed.  This is such a pain and I will never buy Samsung ever again!

0 Likes