Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 06:53 AM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Dzeno
Explorer
Options

Even if you switch on "always ask" for calls, then you have troubles to execute calls over your car hands free. When you try to call a number, you are always asked which SIM you want to use. It's not more hands free and it could be dangerous. Previously with the two buttons it was working seamlessly.

Another point is that now with the option "always ask" by the calls you need to perform 1 click more as before. It's not saving time and defintelly it's not user friendly.

Actual stand isn't acceptable.

Chucky3
First Poster
Options

This is f*****. Why would you remove the two buttons and just put one useless one in? Why was there any reason to change this feature? It’s useless to me the way it is now. Definitely won’t be going Samsung again when I upgrade.

Options

@Chucky3 - i agree with you 1000%!!!

BTW - does anyone know if this issue is with all Samsung Dual SIM devices only? If Samsung does not fix this soon then I will boycott Samsung move to another Dual SIM Android Google Pixle, Huawei, or LG......or who knows, it pains me to say it, possibly iPhone 😞 

Andrew B
Explorer
Options

Hello Moderator, any movement here or are we just being ignored

Dj7000
Journeyman
Options
there is no loss or whatsoever for dual sim choice ... all the story that Samsung trying to make it in 1 button 😒
you can check attached slide .
Slide 1 , just keep pressing on Sim 1 , then it will change to Sim 2 .
or feom call list , again keep pressing on Sim 1 , then will pop up the options for sim 2 .

Screenshot_20210309-032538_Phone_18384.jpg

Screenshot_20210309-032552_Phone_18386.jpg

Screenshot_20210309-032502_Phone_18382.jpg

Screenshot_20210309-032440_Phone_18380.jpg

Options

@Dj7000 - we already know this and the work around is completely UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

To be honest, the time you took to share your "slides" / screenshots and your intent is a bit confusing, as Im not sure if you are on our side or standing up for Samsung's BIGGEST MISTAKE ever with respect to Dual SIM devices!!! Please delete your post. Last thing we want is people getting confused or giving up that this issue will get fixed.... I have already reported your post as inappropriate content and notified Moderator. No offense, Peace!

lacrossett
Explorer
Options

I think what the group is saying here is that it worked perfectly before - gave users a choice every text, every call, every anything. The #1 and #2 always appeared right next to on another. It truly provided easy and maximum flexibility.  Now for phones it can't be used with the car app, you can make it choose for phone calls by fumbling with a setting, and for chats every contact has a default. You can change it, but better not think of it after you've typed a single letter in your text because if you do change it (the SIM) then it deletes your message. And then every subsequent text after that will be the same SIM.  You can't just switch mid string to the other SIM. There was also functionality on the swipe down for settings where you saw all three functions (voice, text, data) and could easily toggle your default right there. So no, it really is not remotely close to the same functionality we had before and it is WAY worse.

Andrew B
Explorer
Options

Could not have said it better

0 Likes
Andrew B
Explorer
Options

Yeah, not interested in finding a slower, less convenient but new way of doing something that was readily available previously. But thanks for the easy-to-read slides that marginalise our issue. If only the functionality was as convenient as your new membership and contribution to this group.

Dj7000
Journeyman
Options
I am dual sim user since they start and I complained about new update too and the interface software re arrangements which I feel is more complicated . but to be fair Samsung did not remove the functionality.
in my comment all I tried to help people and tell them about how is the new setting work until Samsung decides to listen to us and return everything back ...
( Light a candle )...

Note: respect people and never give me an order to write or delete anything.
0 Likes