Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockscreen and homescreen clock widgets

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 09:13 AM)
Et1986
Apprentice
Options

Please update One Ui so that the clock widgets on lock screen can be added to homescreen to give a more uniform and clean experience. 

7 REPLIES 7
91antoniolopez
Explorer
Options
Hi, I think you can add 4 different widget already.
Also the clock on the lock screen can be changed with good lock app.
0 Likes
Et1986
Apprentice
Options

Hi there

Yes you are able to chose from 4 widgets for the home screen but not one of them match the style of any on the lockscreen clock widgets.Goodlock doesn't enable you to change the homescreen clock widgets.Besides I am from South Africa where goodlock is not supported. 

Please see attached pictures as example.

Kind regards
Etienne Van BiljonScreenshot_20200713-073222_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200713-073129_Gallery.jpg

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

@Et1986 goodlock is the only option that is available to change the lock screens clock.

If your in a unsupported region i would recommend trying nicelock. This is available on Google play but there main page is on xda-developers.com

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/themes/app-nicelock-goodlock-2019-launcher-pie-t39086...

Et1986
Apprentice
Options

I have tried nicelock before but it only allows for changes to the lockscreen and not the homescreen where the problem actually is.There are so kany options to chose from to change your lock screen clock in the settings including your own personal colour but limited to 4 clock widgets for the homescreen but none of them match up with the lockscreen style.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Your right that is weird they dont provide matching home and lock screen clock. I found a few apps with there own widgets if you want to search for more widgets this is an option. Here is an example of the 3 apps i tested (there were more options but this is what i could fit) and the stock on the bottom right20200714_013841.jpg

0 Likes
Et1986
Apprentice
Options

That looks fine but that clock style seems somewhat outdated doesn't it ?I hope they fix this in a future update I love the new One UI but this really gets my OCD going 🤣

0 Likes
Dr_Who
First Poster
Options

I know this may be an old thread/topic but, I completely agree with the OP! I have the same situation but, with a different clock face-widget.

I have been looking like crazy for a fully functional analog clock face chronograph (with actual timer functions) Stand Alone (launcher - home screen) widget.

None to be found! Some acceptable ones are only if you have and want to pair up with a "Wear OS" product. So , I found and settled for one of the 4 that come with the provided (One UI 2.5)  widgets.

There is an analog clock face with 4 variations shown - None are shown to have numbers and None are shown to have a seconds hand.

I applied this widget and voila...  On the Lock screen (I do have an animation here. If that makes any difference?!?) it comes up fabulous! It has:

* Seconds Hand!

* Numbers. Larger at the 4 cardinal point! &

* The minutes hand is split!  

Gorgeous!!

Now, when it appears on the Home screen (It is just as it's shown in the Widgets drawer)

* No - Seconds Hand!

* No Numbers!

* Simple stick Hands.

Why does the same widget show up differently on either screen??

I want it show on my Home screen exactly how it appears on my Lock screen!

HELP!?!

0 Likes