Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klarna declining existing customers

(Topic created on: 01-11-2020 08:46 AM)
blazefalconburg
Explorer
Options
I joined the upgrade program when I got the Note 8. I then upgraded to the Note 9, and then the Note 10+. I have an excellent credit rating and am an existing customer. I can't think of any reason for refusing my finance request. I think you need to start using a different finance company, as it seems like their algorithm is broken.
16 REPLIES 16
TomT80s
Explorer
Options
Well spotted and thanks for the heads up. Please do let us know where you get with the financial ombudsman.
blazefalconburg
Explorer
Options
I will post any updates in here. 👍
0 Likes
TomT80s
Explorer
Options
Cheers! Just spoke with Samsung. Klarna support are obviously not contactable on weekend. But good news the Samsung representative instantly owned up and stated I'm definitely not first to complain about this. Promised to get in touch with me tomorrow.
TomT80s
Explorer
Options
To save you guys some time, having spoken to multiple advisors and departments at Klarna, I was told to email their credit team on credit.uk@klarna.com.

Not expecting much from them. Will update if any news.
blazefalconburg
Explorer
Options
Good luck with that. They will no doubt advise you to try again with the application. They were not very helpful as they have no info apparently. It is all conducted through Transunion, who were slightly more helpful, but still pretty useless.
TomT80s
Explorer
Options
I have very little hope. Funnily enough, when I ran myself through TransUnion, it found my record. So I am now stumped, and left desparate to find out why Klarna have refused and continue to refuse credit. I'm hoping their credit department will be able to tell me if a block was placed on my user ID/account etc...and that they can remove. Wishful thinking, I know. 🙂
0 Likes
TomT80s
Explorer
Options
As expected, response from Klarna:
"Hello,

Thank you for your mail.

As all purchase attempts with Klarna payment programs are processed with our automated system, an exact reason cannot be provided for the denied purchase.
You may want to verify all data communicated matches the same as last time. You can also try to place the order after 72 hours using a different browser like Google Chrome on a different device. Clear the cookies and cache before you begin. If you have a VPN or a firewall this also may affect the outcome.
If these suggestions do not work, we apologize that we cannot do anything more."

Really disappointed with Klarna and Samsung. I'm outa here. Not dealing with either again. Avoiding like plague.