Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard themes from Samsung themes not working.

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 09:05 AM)
Interceptor22
Apprentice
Options

So a HUGE waste of money. I have bought many themes from the themes shop and now NOT ONE of my keyboards shows the new theme. They have all reverted back to the original grey/ black keyboard. Also any new themes I get, the keyboard doesn't change to the new theme. Thanks Samsung,  you really know how to push your customers over to Apple. How can you keep advertising nice keyboards in your theme shop and then not giving us what we paid for. Blatant false advertising just to trick us into spending money and then not delivering what we bought. Fix this or face a class action lawsuit.

26 REPLIES 26
Juanby
Apprentice
Options

On my note 9 the keyboard changed with the theme. Now I have a S10+ with android 11 it doesn't.

0 Likes
Juanby
Apprentice
Options

I agree 100 percent.

0 Likes
Juanby
Apprentice
Options

The problem is Android 11. My note 9 never got it therefore all my themes worked perfectly. It wasn't until I got this S10+ the other day and put on my old themes. I know that last update caused my note to give me a water drop in the socket error and my phone never got wet that day. I have an iPhone and nothing I mean nothing was better than being able to change my whole layout on my samsungs. They better fix this.

0 Likes
molee1
First Poster
Options

Someone suggested turning your dark theme off, it worked for me! I am all into colors, themes, icons, the works, was super frustrated. Try it, it can't hurt!

0 Likes
sunshine121917
First Poster
Options
  • Have to turn off dark mode for what exactly? Just asking because there's a dark mode option for almost everything now and days. But nothing seems to change other then my home and lock screen and the icons. Everything else I. E. The pull down menu where your flashlight, wifi, Bluetooth etc., Buttons are in is still black and the same as before I added the theme. Keyboard. Contacts. Messaging.. everything else is the same. 
0 Likes
Crylexan
First Poster
Options

This was the resolution on my device. Thanks for you awesome help.

0 Likes
Erki120
First Poster
Options

For me turning off high contrast keyboard in the keyboard settings fixed the themes not applying to the keyboard issue.

0 Likes
RitaTiger
First Poster
Options

Yeah so I was getting frustrated having the same problem! But THEN I realized in order for everything on the themes to work you not ONLY have to take your phone off of "dark mode" in your regular display settings, but you ALSO can't have your Samsung keyboard settings in "high contrast keyboard" mode!! As soon as I turned BOTH of those modes OFF, the theme applied to everything it's suppose to INCLUDING the Samsung keyboard!! I'm so happy I figured it out!! Hope you see this and it helps!

0 Likes
KKsenich
First Poster
Options

This fixed it, right away! 

Thank you so much! 

0 Likes
Gigimarie
First Poster
Options

How is turning off dark mode being called a solution? We should be able to have the keyboard change without having to give up dark mode or high contrast or anything.  It should work no matter what. It doesn't 

0 Likes